LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

American Pharoah Triple Crown Winner?

Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
In an era where sports media is an absolute joke and overhypes everything, the greatness of this moment cannot be overstated. This was truly a once in a generation type of event!

There were 3 Triple Crown winners in a 6 year span from 1973-1978 including back to back years in 77 and 78. It wasnt a once in a generation in the 70s thats for sure. In fact, if Spectacular Bid hadnt stepped on a safety pin before the 1979 Belmont there likely would have been a triple crown winner 3 straight years.

Just never know.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
In an era where sports media is an absolute joke and overhypes everything, the greatness of this moment cannot be overstated. This was truly a once in a generation type of event!

There were 3 Triple Crown winners in a 6 year span from 1973-1978 including back to back years in 77 and 78. It wasnt a once in a generation in the 70s thats for sure. In fact, if Spectacular Bid hadnt stepped on a safety pin before the 1979 Belmont there likely would have been a triple crown winner 3 straight years.

Just never know.

That is true as well, The 70s are admittedly before my time, but from all accounts it was a great time for horse racing.

I guess for me, this was the culmination of so many near winners in somewhat recent times, War Emblem, Smarty Jones, Funny Cide, Barbaro, California Chrome.

Perhaps a better way to put it, is that we may never have a nearly 40 year gap in between triple crown winners again.
f**k bob baffet I hate his smug little ass.
I'm glad I got to witness it on TV, so I could say I saw it happen. Since I was born in 1979, this was the first triple crown in my lifetime.

I saw Haley's Comet in 1986 when I was a young kid, and will have to wait until around 2061 for the next one.

Didn't watch the Kentucky Derby or Preakness Stakes but will watch them in the future trying to see another Triple Crown.

So right when the race stated, I realized I was in a great position. American Pharaoh was in the lead, and no doubt in my mind he wouldn't clean up.

Frosted and Keen Ice had perfect positions for a late burn (I have no idea what the terminology is). They weren't maxing out and I could tell they were holding some back. But they were with the lead pack of 5 horses (can see at 0:49).

I started think "ohhhh fuuuuuu, this is working our perfectly "

At the 2 Minute mark, I was starting to get pretty damn nervous. I was hoping that #1 horse would trip or something, I thought no way was Keen Ice going to catch him. Then look at 2:20, Keen Ice goes WAY outside and puts a rocket on his ass
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jun 8, 2015 at 12:19 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

So right when the race stated, I realized I was in a great position. American Pharaoh was in the lead, and no doubt in my mind he wouldn't clean up.

Frosted and Keen Ice had perfect positions for a late burn (I have no idea what the terminology is). They weren't maxing out and I could tell they were holding some back. But they were with the lead pack of 5 horses (can see at 0:49).

I started think "ohhhh fuuuuuu, this is working our perfectly "

At the 2 Minute mark, I was starting to get pretty damn nervous. I was hoping that #1 horse would trip or something, I thought no way was Keen Ice going to catch him. Then look at 2:20, Keen Ice goes WAY outside and puts a rocket on his ass

So what's this mean? You win? How much?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

$20 bet, won $1095

$20 bet, won $1095

Imagine betting the super....28$ for every .10

$20 bet, won $1095

Sweet. Congrats, dude!
Congrats SDN79, that's a nice little chunk of change.

American Pharoah is the first Triple Crown winner in my lifetime. The twelfth times a charm, nice that a horse was finally able to complete the TC after coming close so many times.

$20 bet, won $1095

Nice! So you called the win place and show exactly, right?

$20 bet, won $1095

Nice! So you called the win place and show exactly, right?
Predicted 1st, 2nd and 3rd Correctly ..one of the most hardest bets to win
http://deadspin.com/this-is-what-it-would-look-like-if-american-pharoah-rac-1709988755?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Want to watch Secretariat race AP, click the link. Pretty cool side by side of the race.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
http://deadspin.com/this-is-what-it-would-look-like-if-american-pharoah-rac-1709988755?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Want to watch Secretariat race AP, click the link. Pretty cool side by side of the race.

Yup. No comparison really. Secretariat was the GOAT by far and has the fastest times in all 3 of the triple crown races.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Yup. No comparison really. Secretariat was the GOAT by far and has the fastest times in all 3 of the triple crown races.

well that cant be argued. By far regarded as the best race horse ever. The challenge is we dont know what other horses like AP would have done running next to Secretariat. Probably still lose by 2.6 seconds, but you never know.

Either way, Secretariat is the GOAT, but AP is in the conversation with the rest.
Share 49ersWebzone