LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Oakland Athletics thread

Originally posted by IT21:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Damn are A's fans died?

Tigers vs A's tonight. Good luck to you dead fans.

But they play in a sewage filled dump, trade away all their good players, and totally ignore what fanbase they have left. Combine that with being in last place in the division. I wonder why nobody has posted yet this season...

I could live with a s**t stadium and still follow a below .500 team. Just got sick of stupid ass trades by our clown of a GM and pos ownership group. There was no reason to ever trade Josh Donaldson, especially after giving away Addison Russell.

They literally have made me not enjoy baseball anymore. Haven't watched a full 9 inning game this year.

Thanks tho

Originally posted by crabman82:
Thanks tho

Hope he wins another one, or five. So Billy can continue to feel like a dumbass
Thanks tho

Why was he traded anyways? Obviously a great player but he was also under control for a little longer and wasn't making a tremendous amount. Even after the mvp he's only making around 11 or 12 mil I think
Why was he traded anyways? Obviously a great player but he was also under control for a little longer and wasn't making a tremendous amount. Even after the mvp he's only making around 11 or 12 mil I think

because billy beane thinks he's a genius and does things that doesn't make sense, because if it somehow works it'll give him more reason to stroke his own ego
Thanks tho

He got traded because Donaldson told it like it was when a fan on Twitter asked him about the team's financial situation. Beane and the A's cheap owners' egos couldn't take the truth about them being cheapskates so they got butthurt and traded him.
I haven't heard anything from the As. How are they doing?
Damn are A's fans died?

But they play in a sewage filled dump, trade away all their good players, and totally ignore what fanbase they have left. Combine that with being in last place in the division. I wonder why nobody has posted yet this season...

I could live with a s**t stadium and still follow a below .500 team. Just got sick of stupid ass trades by our clown of a GM and pos ownership group. There was no reason to ever trade Josh Donaldson, especially after giving away Addison Russell.

They literally have made me not enjoy baseball anymore. Haven't watched a full 9 inning game this year.

Re: Coliseum, yes Mt. Davis ruined it for baseball and it has myriad issues, but as far as simply getting to/from and watching a game, it ain't really all that bad... although I say that with the knowledge they absolutely need a new stadium.

I soured on Beane a number of years ago, but my disdain for him was cemented on July 31, 2014. And then Donaldson... that guy could win MVPs the next 5 straight years and that pompous motherf***er Beanius will still claim it wasn't a bad trade, just as he did and still does with Cespedes.

My enthusiasm for the A's is almost completely sapped... I've already been to 4 or 5 Giants games and watch/listen to a lot of games, but with the A's, although I might go to a game or two eventually, haven't gone yet and I've yet to watch/listen to more than a couple innings on TV/radio. And that's because the Giants are interesting, and interested in winning, not being a f**king way station for young talent that the Beanius gets rid of under the guise of the total bulls**t "small market" excuse.... all the while making money hand-over-fist as a minority owner by not paying players and cashing MLB welfare checks.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on May 29, 2016 at 10:31 PM ]
Damn are A's fans died?

The A's are this era's Montreal Expos. Just an MLB level farm team for the rest of the league.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Pomeranz has been a good reclamation project, decent lefty...and the A's get a light-hitting 1B who never lived up to the hype and some RP never heard of with a 5.00+ ERA

Suck-a** A's....posted above back in Dec when they basically gave Pomeranz to Padres...now half a season later Pods flip him for an 18-yo pitcher who's a highly-ranked prospect. Gee, wonder how Cespedes and Donaldson are doing these days....the Beanius, gettin' work DONE.
Since I'm sitting here watching former A's players, and prospects, all showing up in the World Series, I thought I'd share this nice piece of news....

If we were worried about the A's spending before, it may get even worse. Oh goodie.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/athletics/article/Baseball-s-labor-negotiations-could-be-costly-10426202.php

Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Since I'm sitting here watching former A's players, and prospects, all showing up in the World Series, I thought I'd share this nice piece of news....

If we were worried about the A's spending before, it may get even worse. Oh goodie.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/athletics/article/Baseball-s-labor-negotiations-could-be-costly-10426202.php

Getting them off of MLB welfare might be the best thing for thrm in terms of forcing them to identify a site for a new stadium and get that process moving.

Good...f**k Fisher, f**k Wolff, and really f**k Beanius.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Getting them off of MLB welfare might be the best thing for thrm in terms of forcing them to identify a site for a new stadium and get that process moving.

That's true. Could be a sh*t or get off the pot scenario. Guess we have to just hope for the best.

I would like to see what Beane could do w a little money, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Wolff out as managing partner.

http://www.athleticsnation.com/2016/11/17/13667894/lew-wolff-steps-down-as-oakland-as-owner-managing-partner

This can only be a positive sign. With the Raiders almost out the door I feel the chances of a new stadium for the A's in Oakland has gone up significantly today.
Originally posted by captveg:
Wolff out as managing partner.

http://www.athleticsnation.com/2016/11/17/13667894/lew-wolff-steps-down-as-oakland-as-owner-managing-partner

This can only be a positive sign. With the Raiders almost out the door I feel the chances of a new stadium for the A's in Oakland has gone up significantly today.

ditto. First of many things that need to happen.
Share 49ersWebzone