LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Greatest UFC Fighter of All-Time

Greatest UFC Fighter of All-Time

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Too early in his career to say Bones, but he could very well be if he's able to continue to dominate the way he has for the next 5-6 years.

No doubt about it, won't even take 5 years. If he can remain champ for another 3 years he'll have Silva's title defense record broken by age 30.

Probably 5 if he wants to be known as unquestionably the best ever. Also, his last 3 fights have been by decision. He'll need to break that pattern if people are to accept him as being the GOAT. I think that's the one big knock on GSP - great finisher early, but took everything to decision once he got comfortable being the champion.

True, that's why Silva is the best ever in my opinIon.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Frank Dux

Chuck Liddell.

Can't give it to roidhead Silva, cmon guise.
From the options, I'd go Anderson Silva.

If I had a choice, I might say Jon Jones, right now.
Too early in his career to say Bones, but he could very well be if he's able to continue to dominate the way he has for the next 5-6 years.

No doubt about it, won't even take 5 years. If he can remain champ for another 3 years he'll have Silva's title defense record broken by age 30.

Probably 5 if he wants to be known as unquestionably the best ever. Also, his last 3 fights have been by decision. He'll need to break that pattern if people are to accept him as being the GOAT. I think that's the one big knock on GSP - great finisher early, but took everything to decision once he got comfortable being the champion.

JMHO..... i think you can make the case now for Jones.... and i'm not even a big Jones fan.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Chuck Liddell.

My buddy met Liddell in a Denver hospital last night

[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 8, 2015 at 1:28 PM ]
Jon Jones right now

would be Silva but hes a cheater

f**k George
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dare I say.............

Rousey?
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
From the options, I'd go Anderson Silva.

If I had a choice, I might say Jon Jones, right now.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

JMHO..... i think you can make the case now for Jones.... and i'm not even a big Jones fan.

I had Jones in the original poll but removed him, thought it was too early in his career to discuss with Silva and GSP, but no denying the talent, he's definitely in the discussion, but needs a few more years to establish himself as the GOAT. I threw him back in the poll for you guys, it'll make it more interesting.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
dare I say.............

Rousey?

Lol waaaaaaay too early

Chuck Liddell.

Originally posted by Knowledge:
Jon Jones right now

f**k George

cmon man

No doubt this failed drug test definitely hurts Silvas legacy. But did he ever fail an exam during the span he broke UFC records? How about Pride? No. Can't believe people like you would throw away Silva's whole legacy, every incredible KO, because one failed drug test at the age of 40 coming off the most devastating injury in MMA history.
Chuck Liddell.

Jon Jones right now

f**k George

cmon man

No doubt this failed drug test definitely hurts Silvas legacy. But did he ever fail an exam during the span he broke UFC records? How about Pride? No. Can't believe people like you would throw away Silva's whole legacy, every incredible KO, because one failed drug test at the age of 40 coming off the most devastating injury in MMA history.

did Bonds ever fail a drug test?

#caseclosed
dare I say.............

Rousey?

dude i was thinking the same thing but she has to fight Cyborg first
Chuck Liddell.

Jon Jones right now

f**k George

cmon man

did Bonds ever fail a drug test?

#caseclosed

Lol Bonds was a whole different story, and is a whole different discussion.
dare I say.............

Rousey?

dude i was thinking the same thing but she has to fight Cyborg first

Are you serious? Even if she beats Cyborg, which if she does would be sometime in the next year, you'd already consider her established enough to be considered the greatest ufc fighter of all-time??? She has to fight for at least 4-5 more years as the champion before we even throw her in the discussion with Silva, GSP, and Jones
Share 49ersWebzone