MEGAFIGHT Pac vs May bout

• titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Mayweather needs more time to train for Manny

Cotto in May, Paq in Sept

lol how much more time does he need? BS

Definite BS. I know people making it sound like Mayweather will end up snubbing PAC! Hundreds of Millions on the line going 60/40 your way per your demand...That is not snubbing PAC. "That is the bytch in you, taking over your manhood."
  • THEB
  • Veteran
new rumors are that the deal is already done and there will be a superbowl commercial to make the fight announcement.

You really think it was coincidence that Floyd went to Australia and Manny went to Europe at the same time, in the dead middle of contract negotiations?
This has become a Legends Match.
So, Cotto is an Arum guy and Floyd can make a fight with him. But, he can't do the same with Manny?
lame. this fight is happening way too late
Originally posted by sacniner:
So, Cotto is an Arum guy and Floyd can make a fight with him. But, he can't do the same with Manny?

It's pretty clear, and has been for a while, Floyd doesn't want this fight. I knew he'd find another reason , yet again, to back out. Must be nice to just hand pick your opponents to help maintain and pad your undefeated record. He's a good fighter, but the most overrated "star" fighter ever imo.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

It's pretty clear, and has been for a while, Floyd doesn't want this fight. I knew he'd find another reason , yet again, to back out. Must be nice to just hand pick your opponents to help maintain and pad your undefeated record. He's a good fighter, but the most overrated "star" fighter ever imo.

Sac, Cotto has worked with Top Rank but he does not work for them. Big difference.

Omg hoov are you serious? Overrated lol. What more must he do? There are reasons a lot of people who follow boxing that believe it is Manny that is overrated and a possible fraud.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

Sac, Cotto has worked with Top Rank but he does not work for them. Big difference.

Omg hoov are you serious? Overrated lol. What more must he do? There are reasons a lot of people who follow boxing that believe it is Manny that is overrated and a possible fraud.

Yes moist I am serious. He must stop hand picking guys that suit his fighting style just so he can continue to preserve this undefeated facade he has crafted. He is good, but does not hold up to the greats imo...Leonard, Hearns, Hagler , Duran etc nor do I think he was better than Pac during his peak.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 26, 2015 at 11:50 PM ]

Yes moist I am serious. He must stop hand picking guys that suit his fighting style just so he can continue to preserve this undefeated facade he has crafted. He is good, but does not hold up to the greats imo...Leonard, Hearns, Hagler , Duran etc nor do I think he was better than Pac during his peak.

Pac would be lucky to win a single round against Floyd
I don't think this is gonna happen. Although Mayweather may be the better fighter, he'll duck this one out again for the sake of his perfect record.

Originally posted by wailers15:
lame. this fight is happening way too late

Should've happened like 3 years ago
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Pac would be lucky to win a single round against Floyd

Now that Floyd has ducked him long enough that may be the case. Wouldn't have been the case 5 years ago.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I dont think the MegaFight is going to happen, but to say its too late, I dont see the logic behind it because of their age. I would definitely say that it benefits Floyd due to his style of boxing vs Pac offensive style of boxing. Oher than Pac losing some of his speed and power i dont see any better match up than these 2 CHAMPS.
I really hope it still happens.

Just researched it quickly and you're right. He worked for top rank from 2000 to 2012 and it sounds like he split ways so he could finalize a fight with Floyd. Don't blame him. That payday is once in a lifetime. He is still really close to Top Rank and a lot of people consider him an Arum fighter still. Actually sounds like Cotto has played boxing politics really well because he works well with everyone and all potential opponents/promoters are open to him.
[ Edited by sacniner on Jan 27, 2015 at 8:59 AM ]
Thanks for the yearly update.
Share 49ersWebzone