PYMWYMI - The Harbaugh Debate

• 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Originally posted by cciowa:
the drama train follows him. i am sure trent and jed are to blame for this

Giving an autographed helmet to charity...come on thats ridiculous

NCAA is the greediest and shadiest league of them all. They don't allow charity because they want a piece of that action.

A massive exploitation of our youth.

Scummy.

Separately, on March 18, Jim Harbaugh sent an autographed team helmet and jersey to an auction organized by a former high school classmate of his to benefit suicide prevention and awareness. The donation was not reviewed beforehand by Michigan's compliance office, and the items that were auctioned ended up being used to assist a scholarship fund in the name of a student who had committed suicide, something Harbaugh was not aware of, according to U-M's self-reported violation.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/05/michigan_football_self-reports.html
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by cciowa:
the drama train follows him. i am sure trent and jed are to blame for this

Giving an autographed helmet to charity...come on thats ridiculous

NCAA is the greediest and shadiest league of them all. They don't allow charity because they want a piece of that action.

A massive exploitation of our youth.

Scummy.

Separately, on March 18, Jim Harbaugh sent an autographed team helmet and jersey to an auction organized by a former high school classmate of his to benefit suicide prevention and awareness. The donation was not reviewed beforehand by Michigan's compliance office, and the items that were auctioned ended up being used to assist a scholarship fund in the name of a student who had committed suicide, something Harbaugh was not aware of, according to U-M's self-reported violation.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/05/michigan_football_self-reports.html

Haha damn NCAA.
Kinda A.

The offense wasn't completely inept since he's been here; it's just that it got progressively worse as he put more and more of the onus of Kaep and the passing game. Of course, the injuries to the OL didn't help, but you could see the direction Harbaugh wanted to take the team: away from the run game and closer to a pass first attack. That's why we spent the money on Boldin and Johnson while we still had Crabs under contract, right? With that WR core and VD, it's understandable a coach would want to pass first.

But you can't square peg, round hole a fysical team into a finesse team. Our OL was never built for an intermediate to long range, straight drop back pass game. They were built for the run and play action game. I can't put it on Roman, since I'm of the mind that Roman wasn't calling the passing game -- he was a run oriented OC with a former QB for his boss. And I can't put it on the DC, since the defense continued to be the best in the league, so who does it fall on? I mean, up until this past year, we had success as a run first team... Smith and then Kaep both excelled when the gameplan was created with our strengths -- the run game -- in mind.

Combined with what I perceived as a lack of motivation from basically everyone on the team this past year... it all comes back to the HC. If he can't successfully lead this team when the going gets tough, he needs to get going.

It seems to me Harbaugh wasn't satisfied with the contract extension the 49ers offered him. As the injuries started mounting, he realized his payoff was going down the drain, and he gave up. When he gave up, both the team and the organization gave up on him. That's why he felt "abandoned."
[ Edited by jedediahyork on May 12, 2015 at 9:49 PM ]
I really like this seaon coming up because i know he isn't here. No joke, we can end up in the running this yr, just based on harbaw's absence. Also we have a development coach, ie a real coach, so guys writing us off.....let's just see what JT can do. I just know we will be way better than last yr . Have to be.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 13, 2015 at 5:01 PM ]
Yup. B
Early verdict: HaRoman were covering for subpar talent on the OL and at QB. Kap not developing for Harbaugh after 2012 into a better balanced QB is the root of last year's and this year's early problem. Add to that an OL that has never been great at pass pro losing players and getting far worse, and you get the current 49ers offense.
Originally posted by captveg:
Early verdict: HaRoman were covering for subpar talent on the OL and at QB. Kap not developing for Harbaugh after 2012 into a better balanced QB is the root of last year's and this year's early problem. Add to that an OL that has never been great at pass pro losing players and getting far worse, and you get the current 49ers offense.
And Harbaugh is 4-1, just pitched two shutouts in a row and the 49ers have been outscored 107 to 28 the last 3 games. One team's arrow is pointing up, and the other WAY down. Funny how Karma works.
Originally posted by MedievalMarselis:
And Harbaugh is 4-1, just pitched two shutouts in a row and the 49ers have been outscored 107 to 28 the last 3 games. One team's arrow is pointing up, and the other WAY down. Funny how Karma works.

Comparing NFL games with NCAA games.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by MedievalMarselis:

Comparing NFL games with NCAA games.

? No one is comparing games played. They are comparing how 1 coach as turned his team around for the better and the other has not.

WTGJ
Share 49ersWebzone