LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

Which Is Your Favorite Giants World Series Run?

Which Is Your Favorite Giants World Series Run?

I still think guys like Vida Blue and Shawn Estes saying the Giants arent a dynasty because they havent won it two years in a row is ridiculous.

In modern day baseball, with all the parity and extra playoff rounds, what the Giants have done (with a changing group of supporting players) is incredible.

The last time an NL team won 3 times in 5 years was the 42-44-46 Cardinals, and that was during WWII when half the league was replacement players.

Bochy has won 3 rings with 3 different leadoff CF, 3 different 2 hole 2B, 3 different closers, 3 different aces, etc.

Dynasty for sure.
2010 is my favorite.

I enjoyed that my dad, my son, and I were all hysterical and yelling in the family room when Renteria hit that 3-run homer. After the last out we all hugged it out and kept on celebrating! It was really a moment that I can always remember.

In 2012, I was with a buddy listening on the radio for the last out. I was running errands and couldn't find a place to watch it because I didn't really think we could sweep Detroit. lol

In 2014, I was most nervous. I basically cleaned my garage because of all the nervous energy I had during the game. haha
I know I know I'm not a "true" fan or whatever but 2010 was my favorite. I got to watch the games with my girlfiend at the time and her 2 year old daughter and the little girl and I went nuts when Wilson got that final out.

2012 I was working just about every night it was on at Subway so I never got to watch it that much until game 4 when my boss finally let me play the game on the TV we had instead of FOX News.

2014 was the one I was most nervous about just because the Royals looked a lot like the Giants with the amount of momentum and chemistry they have. I worked 4 out of the 7 nights they were on but I always tried to listen to them on the radio at work except for Game 7 when the radio signal got f**ked up and after I saw that there were 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th on my phone I raced out to my car so I could hear the final out live.
2010 & 2012 I felt confident in those teams

2014 we shouldn't have been in the playoffs the way we were playing, but we sneaked in and stole the steak off the Devils plate
So hard if not impossible choose one over the other. 2010 was improbable because it never happened before in SF. 2012 was improbable at multiple points after being faced with elimination over six different games . . . then this year coming from the wild card spot and being without Cain and Pagan.

I'm going to go with 2014 simply because it just happened.

Now if we can do it again next year and solidify the dynasty concept forever and all time and do it against the Red Sox . . . . that would rise to the top in a heartbeat.
2012 was the most fun.
lel me change it up.. take away the fact that 2010 was the first i've seen.. and i'll put it in this order

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

you're lucky I'm not a mod anymore.
Originally posted by boast:

Make sure Rubs sees this!

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

What a joke. Not a damn thing a mod can do to him about his comment. Nobody said TheGORE49er has to be a Giants fan when he signed up for this forum.
Originally posted by jrg:

What a joke. Not a damn thing a mod can do to him about his comment. Nobody said TheGORE49er has to be a Giants fan when he signed up for this forum.

RELAX. Did you really think anyone was serious.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Who knows. I'd hope not. Otherwise....
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
lel me change it up.. take away the fact that 2010 was the first i've seen.. and i'll put it in this order

Agreed.

Looking back at each title, both 2012 and 2014 had incredible drama and excitement. Any WS run will have a certain amount of that, but the way they came back from certain death in BOTH the 2012 NLDS against Cincy, and the 2012 NLCS against STL was something you may never see again. Down 0-2 in a best of 5, and then down 1-3 in a best of 7 back to back? Then the sweep of the heavily favored Tigers?

Or what we just saw in 2014. The WC game Grand Slam combined with a Bumgarner shutout, the 18 inning thriller in DC, the walkoff hr to win the pennant, and what Bum did in the WS through 7 games?

2010 was cool because it was first, but the team we won it with was a bunch of guys that wont be remembered as Giants. Wilson is a douche Dodger now, Burrell, Huff, Renteria, Ross, Torres, Sanchez, etc, were all short term Giants. The core that has won these last 2 are probably going to be Giants for most of their career.

The "misfits and castoffs" made for a good plotline at the time, but I think the 2012 and 2014 groups will be more fondly remembered. Not only because of their service time in orange and black, but because of how spectacular each postseason was played out.
Originally posted by jrg:

lol, I think jrg was being serious
Share 49ersWebzone