LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

The 2023-24 All In to Win Phoenix Suns Thread

I'm happy IT finally had a bad game.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Missed the game. Glad I did.

You should always fear the Jazz.
'Kief! I know it's only 4 games in, but I'm a bit disturbed by the lack of assists from this team thus far. With the 3-headed monster we have at PG, we should be a top 10 team in assists, but we're bottom third in the league. Dragic's assist numbers in particular are bothersome with only 8 total through 4 games. With his ability to make plays he should be at 5 game.

Interesting game tonight at home against a big Memphis team. I'll be watching Len to see how he fares against Marc Gasol. He didn't take a shot last night, but played well with 9 boards and 3 swats in 20 minutes.
Boy did we come out flat in the 2nd half last night. Goran was clanking everything off the front of the rim. Len had a decent defensive game but his finger/hand was clearly bothering him. Another low assist game. Too much iso going on; somebody needs to take the reigns and become the distributor, because it seems we've got too many cooks in the kitchen and no one's making the flan!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Green inserted into the starting line-up if Goran continues to struggle.
Still trying to figure out why Plumlee didn't come down, gather himself and come up up strong after grabbing the board on the Marcus Morris miss at the end of the first OT. He was literally all alone under the basket yet tried to rebound and flip it up all in one motion and ended up hitting the bottom of the rim. Also, strong stand-around D by the Kings on that inbound. Marcus could have had an easy drive to the hoop and would have at least gotten fouled, but put up the jumper instead?
Hypothetical situation: You're up 106-99 with just over a minute to play, you've got about 21 seconds on the shot clock and the ball gets passed to you from the back court. Do you A) Hoist up a 3-Pointer or B) Reset and take time off the clock.

Gerald Green thinks A is the right answer.

Suns beat the Nets regardless and move to 5-3 on the strength of IT's 12 point 4th quarter. I know it's less than 10 games in, but he's gotta be the early favorite for 6th Man of the Year.
Hypothetical situation: You're up 106-99 with just over a minute to play, you've got about 21 seconds on the shot clock and the ball gets passed to you from the back court. Do you A) Hoist up a 3-Pointer or B) Reset and take time off the clock.

Suns beat the Nets regardless and move to 5-3 on the strength of IT's 12 point 4th quarter. I know it's less than 10 games in, but he's gotta be the early favorite for 6th Man of the Year.

IT should get it. I'd be shocked if he doesn't

As for Green...his bone head decision making is what almost got him out of the league at the start of his career. You would think he would know better by now. Horny must've been pissed.

LOL, there were back to back terrible shots from both teams there. That was just a bad sequence for the sport of basketball in general.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
good game...after the way the first quarter ended I thought the Suns were going to get blown out.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Miami's Mario Chalmers is the only starting point guard with a lower assist-to-turnover ratio (1.24 to 1) than Bledsoe (1.39 to 1)

Last season, Bledsoe had the worst assist-to-turnover ratio (1.64 to 1) among starting NBA point guards.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2014/11/13/phoenix-suns-tyler-ennis-tj-warren-bakersfield-league-nba/18998211/

What a couple of ugly losses. I couldn't even finish the Clips game. If we could get something good for Gerald Green in a trade I'd take it. The guy can catch fire and score with the best, but he's so damn stupid that it negates his potential. Trade Green and bring up TJ Warren. Do it!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
What a couple of ugly losses. I couldn't even finish the Clips game. If we could get something good for Gerald Green in a trade I'd take it. The guy can catch fire and score with the best, but he's so damn stupid that it negates his potential. Trade Green and bring up TJ Warren. Do it!

Dion Waiters + Cleveland's 1st round 2015 for Gerald Green & Tyler Ennis
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Man I hope Len continues to prove me wrong (i thought he was going to be a bust)....go len go.
Let's hope he can stay healthy, but yeah, you can't teach length, and you certainly can't teach that kind of mobility at his size. He's starting to look a bit more comfortable out there. He committed a pretty dumb foul there at the end, but you can't fault his hustle.

Nice to see the Dragon back in the groove after a bad start to the season.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Nov 18, 2014 at 11:29 AM ]
  • lazy
  • Veteran
I hope the Suns win tonight's game....I don't want to give the Sixers their first win of the season.
Share 49ersWebzone