LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 194 users in the forums

THE KING and his Cavaliers 2015-2016 Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
It's been exactly 3 weeks and I still can't believe Cavs won.

Watched game 5,6 and 7 several times. Lebron and Kyrie were so special.
Originally posted by 4ML:

I am glad CLE won but more so the way they won getting to the paint the FT line and getting into Steph and Klay chest on defense and attacking them one on one making em work so that three ball would not fall come fourth quarter. Then the way CLE locked down on defense in game 7. They played the back end of that series to perfection. LeBron became a monster putting to rest all this Steph best in the world talk
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 10, 2016 at 11:20 PM ]

Dubs stole all of the shine w/ the KD signing. LOL. No one really cares about the Cavs winning it all now... seems like the Dubs won everything.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I am glad CLE won but more so the way they won getting to the paint the FT line and getting into Steph and Klay chest on defense and attacking them one on one making em work so that three ball would not fall come fourth quarter. Then the way CLE locked down on defense in game 7. They played the back end of that series to perfection. LeBron became a monster putting to rest all this Steph best in the world talk

Yea...I think he put that to bed. He's clearly the best player...(not even close) and able to lead everyone in all the major categories is beyond anything. To dominate every facet of the game like that...Greatest Finals performance (at least in the modern era) and to do it against a team with the best offense...and top 3 defense...with multiple elite perimeter defenders...I can watch these games forever.

Cavs defense was simply amazing. I know Lue has gotten his dues for coaching a great game...but Larry Drew and Mike Longabardi (picked him up mid-way through the season) are really good assistant coaches.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Dubs stole all of the shine w/ the KD signing. LOL. No one really cares about the Cavs winning it all now... seems like the Dubs won everything.

Eh...don't watch sports channels when games are not on. Not my thing...so I wouldn't know. Not one of those who want to see media coverage of my team/player. I just use Bleacher Report to get Cavs news from the team feed (and NBA news) and that's pretty much how I get my news on sports. I didn't even watch a single pre-game or halftime show during the NBA Finals. I never understand why ppl get riled up by these ppl on TV.

Don't have time to hear the opinion of talking heads who change their opinions every other day. IMO - they have jobs to attract casual fans to the game and not bore the public with intricate details of the game.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 11, 2016 at 10:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Agreed. Couldn't believe people actually bought in to that nonsense. Dude is ridiculously gifted offensively but as we saw in the Finals, once the Cavs got smart and started getting the switches to put Curry on the ball, he was absolutely abused every way more often than not to the point where he was obviously a defensive liability. He stood zero chance at guarding Kyrie...none at all (Klay didn't stand much of chance either as Kyrie averaged 28 a game I believe but still)
Yea...I think he put that to bed. He's clearly the best player...(not even close) and able to lead everyone in all the major categories is beyond anything. To dominate every facet of the game like that...Greatest Finals performance (at least in the modern era) and to do it against a team with the best offense...and top 3 defense...with multiple elite perimeter defenders...I can watch these games forever.

Cavs defense was simply amazing. I know Lue has gotten his dues for coaching a great game...but Larry Drew and Mike Longabardi (picked him up mid-way through the season) are really good assistant coaches.

Agree with this. The Cavs team defense played elite 5 of the last 6 games. Of course LeBron and Kyrie were the main reasons as to why they are champions but their team defense as a whole truly locked down on GS. In the Finals, refs let the teams play and the Cavs were far more physical on and off the ball. They had bodies on Klay and Steph every step of the way. Obviously not a lot of teams can replicate that but best believe they will try next postseason. In the regular season, it will be a lost cause because GS will get those foul calls every time lol
Originally posted by sacniner:

And you talk like the Warrior's are already the 2016/17 champs.

Has it not sunk in yet? 73-9, 3-1...

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Will never get old.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 23, 2016 at 9:22 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I wish it was game 5 all over again...that feeling of hopelessness and then the team winning is something else.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
In the last three games of the finals, Lebron averaged 36 points, 11.7 rebounds, 9.7 assists, 3 blocks, 3 steals, 50 percent from the field, and 40 percent from three.

[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 23, 2016 at 10:55 AM ]
In the last three games of the finals, Lebron averaged 36 points, 11.7 rebounds, 9.7 assists, 3 blocks, 3 steals, 50 percent from the field, and 40 percent from three.

Similar numbers to what he averaged for the series last year except he was much more efficient this time shooting 50% from the field as opposed to 40% and he had one other guy to help with the scoring. His performances in his last five Finals have simply been
I hate that everyone is taking what we are witnessing for granted.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zachary:

https://thecauldron.si.com/lebrons-legacy-can-no-longer-be-questioned-ever-3ed1e0885ff#.bklvishvd

So enough with the talk about LeBron's legacy. If you felt he needed this title to validate his career, then you've been doing it wrong. LeBron was in the pantheon of all-timers long ago; certainly long before the 2016 NBA Finals commenced. This championship is just the crown jewel atop what was already a gaudy crown.

Few players ever so much as enter the conversation for Greatest of All Time, but only one was expected to throw his name in that ring while he was still in high school. LeBron James is everything we ever could have hoped for in a basketball player. For God's sake, appreciate him while he's still here, while he's still able to play at a level only surpassed by — maybe — His Airness.

This won't last forever.

--------

But, the memories of these NBA finals will last forever.
Originally posted by Zachary:

https://thecauldron.si.com/lebrons-legacy-can-no-longer-be-questioned-ever-3ed1e0885ff#.bklvishvd

So enough with the talk about LeBron's legacy. If you felt he needed this title to validate his career, then you've been doing it wrong. LeBron was in the pantheon of all-timers long ago; certainly long before the 2016 NBA Finals commenced. This championship is just the crown jewel atop what was already a gaudy crown.

Few players ever so much as enter the conversation for Greatest of All Time, but only one was expected to throw his name in that ring while he was still in high school. LeBron James is everything we ever could have hoped for in a basketball player. For God's sake, appreciate him while he's still here, while he's still able to play at a level only surpassed by — maybe — His Airness.

This won't last forever.

--------

But, the memories of these NBA finals will last forever.

GOAT.
Share 49ersWebzone