LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

***Official San Jose Sharks 2017-18 Season Thread ***

4-0 wow
Looking like the sharks from the gms 1-3, impressive yes but show me at the end of April, may and if lucky to play in June seen this for 8 years plus, awesome regular season team.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Nice
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Could we see a break out year for Wingels?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Looking like the sharks from the gms 1-3, impressive yes but show me at the end of April, may and if lucky to play in June seen this for 8 years plus, awesome regular season team.

Lol this
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

This. The Sharks have been such a great regular season team for so many years...maybe one of these years it'll carry over to the playoffs and a Stanley Cup?
who was the dude who scored 8 goals last season in pre season? he was a beaaaaaaaaaast
nvm his name was hertyl lol
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Burns looked great.
This effort came 1 game too late.

But a great start to the season.

how did Mueller and Tierney look?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
how did Mueller and Tierney look?

I only caught the 1st, Mueller looked good.

And that goal by Wingels? lol, roofed it.
So incredibly pumped that Tierney made the team. Kid is a playmaker with a lot of skill. I thought his faceoffs were the one thing needing work but clearly his potential was too much for the Sharks to send him off to Worcester, and he proved last night he deserved to be up.
Originally posted by Garcia:

I certainly hope so. He made Quick look stupid last night. Not that Quick has any trouble looking stupid, normally
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Garcia:

I certainly hope so. He made Quick look stupid last night. Not that Quick has any trouble looking stupid, normally

Wingels I thought really broke out last year. He played in almost double the games as the previous year, while tripling his point total and making a +20 improvement in his plus/minus rating. This year I expect him to be even better, and that's awesome news for us because we need scoring depth across all four lines. When Torres comes back, this team becomes even more frightening.

I don't know what the lines were exactly yesterday, but reports were it was something like this:

Hertl-Pavelski-Thornton [Three monstrous playmakers together]
Marleau-Couture-Nieto [Three speed-demons with moves and scoring touch]
McGinn-Tierney-Wingels [Balance of energy, playmaking, grit, and scoring touch]
Burish-Desjardins-Brown [Hustle/rough-you-up line]

Vlasic-Braun
Burns-Mueller
Hannan-Demers

Right now, we have a few guys that will be available soon when healthy: Sheppard, Goodrow, and Kennedy (don't really care about Kennedy though). Sheppard is the best of that bunch right now and was fantastic late last season, simply a better player than Burish and Brown. Of all the lines, that's the one really missing scoring ability. I would like our third and fourth lines to be good enough to be interchangeable. I wouldn't pull apart the Wingels line if they continue their success, so I would have Desjardins-Sheppard-Torres out there to keep Burish off the ice. All three can hit, score, and play on the PK.
Share 49ersWebzone