LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

2014 Heisman Prediction Thread

Lots of players to choose from but it got harder when Miller went down.

Winston- easy choice I suppose.

Gurley- if this dude stays healthy, he is putting up ridiculous numbers at Georgia.

Mariota- exciting player and a real threat to win it.

Hill, Hundley, or do you have a surprise pick?

I'm not a Notre Dame fan, but after yesterday, put Golson in the mix.

So who is your pick?
Gurley if he can stay healthy. Georgia lives through him so he could have one of those seasons.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Gurley if he can stay healthy. Georgia lives through him so he could have one of those seasons.

198 yards and 3 TDs last night and one as a returner. Wow.

My pick is Mariota btw
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by eonblue:

198 yards and 3 TDs last night and one as a returner. Wow.

My pick is Mariota btw

Yea it's a monster start but he had a similar start last year against Clemson and then he got banged up in conference play. Which is why I think he has a strong chance if he stays healthy. 1500 yrds, 15 TD in the SEC are Heisman numbers. Mariotta is a good pick though but if they're taking him out at halftime Oregon will really be hurting his chances. Dude could break passing and TD records if he didn't get taken out at halftime for most of the scrub games.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 31, 2014 at 7:18 AM ]
Before the season I said Hundley. Now I'm saying either him or Kenny Football
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Melvin Gordon
Gurley. Love this dude.

he should change his name to Manley to match the style he runs
[ Edited by gold49digger on Aug 31, 2014 at 12:07 PM ]
  • Jiks
Taysom Hill
Bryce Petty, if he can navigate Baylor to the final 4 playoff, or Todd Gurley if he stays healthy. I'd throw Mariota in there if they didn't play on the West Coast and have late games.

Darkhorse: Dak Prescott, Miss St
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Taysom Hill

The last Heisman winner not in a Power 5 conference was Ty Detmer in 1990 (or exactly the same year Hill was born). I find it unlikely he does it. Lol. If your not in a Power 5 Conference or play at Notre Dame (their last winner was 1987) it's unlikely you're considered a true Heisman contender.

• Jiks
Originally posted by Travisty13:
The last Heisman winner not in a Power 5 conference was Ty Detmer in 1990 (or exactly the same year Hill was born). I find it unlikely he does it. Lol. If your not in a Power 5 Conference or play at Notre Dame (their last winner was 1987) it's unlikely you're considered a true Heisman contender.

Yeah I know, I only chose him because he's local and on my fantasy team.

But... .. .I do feel he has potential to be one of the best QB's in CFB if he can become a better passer. He definitely has it in him, and at times is unstoppable. I also think his team has a slight chance to go undefeated. BYU is solid all the way around, and will only play Texas as far as "tough" games. The rest of the schedule is plenty winnable. If Hill can somehow go undefeated then there's always that chance, but as you said highly unlikely. They need to win every game first to even be a thought.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Aug 31, 2014 at 11:17 PM ]
Well it won't be Gurley. Suspended indefinitely.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
These guys have s**t for brains lol
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Alex Collins, University of Arkansas
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Bryce Petty, if he can navigate Baylor to the final 4 playoff, or Todd Gurley if he stays healthy. I'd throw Mariota in there if they didn't play on the West Coast and have late games.

Darkhorse: Dak Prescott, Miss St

Looking like I was pretty accurate so far minus Gurley (he would have been invited to NYC if he didn't get suspended).
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Oct 12, 2014 at 1:19 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone