There are 221 users in the forums

Stanford Cardinal Football 2014

Shaw to oakland gonna gain steam if they keep performing like this
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Oct 9, 2014 at 2:18 PM ]
The Harbaugh magic has finally dissipated in Stanford.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
The Harbaugh magic has finally dissipated in Stanford.

Yeah Stanford has lost SOME of the magic. But they had awesome recruiting classes in 2012 and 2014. RB McAffrey looked awesome out there, looked to me like he should have been starting....

ASU beat Stanford for 2 reasons.
#1 Special Teams (2 Stanford recoveries!!! Unbelievable)
#2 QB Hogan is no good. He won't screw up a game, but ASU's D plan was simple. Run blitz every down and dare Hogan to throw. We weren't even in Hogan's face at times, but we were blitzing and he panicked and did terrible throws.

Stanford hasn't done a good job recruiting QBs. I think they've only recruited one 3 star and one 4 star behind Hogan. If the 4 star turns out to be legit, Stanford will jump right back into a top 10 team.
I actually think Hogan has become worse instead of what you would expect, which is get better as you gain more experience. But he's just terrible in a mind-numbingly boring/bad offensive system. And for as good as the Stanford D can be, they had no answer for the quick WR screen game ASU kept burning them with over and over AND OVER.

I don't think there's any surprising Oregon this year, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if Stanford ends up with 6 losses
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I actually think Hogan has become worse instead of what you would expect, which is get better as you gain more experience. But he's just terrible in a mind-numbingly boring/bad offensive system. And for as good as the Stanford D can be, they had no answer for the quick WR screen game ASU kept burning them with over and over AND OVER.

I don't think there's any surprising Oregon this year, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if Stanford ends up with 6 losses

Yeah Stanford could be in for a tough end to the year. In college football, having the #2 defense is great, but you win more games with a #2 offense. If you have a top defense, you need at least a top 50 offense to be a 7 win team. Top 25 offense and top 2 D? Probably a top 5 team.

Right now Stanford is 99th in offense. Thats ridiculous.

The problem all has to do with Hogan too. Our team was just selling out against the run.

On ASU's perimeter passes, a lot of it was actually set up by our running game though. We started the game running up the middle with our backup RB Deantre Lewis. Listed at 192lbs, he is definitely a 205-210lber, where as Foster is truly at 190lbs. Lewis runs way more tough inside.

So what ASU was doing as moving DJ Foster to the perimeter with Jaelen Strong outside to spreading you guys out, then we would run it up the middle with Lewis at the start of the game (10 carries, 47 yards). Once we did that, our whole playbook was open. If it was stopped early we were screwed. Because once Lewis running the middle was established, you had to keep people in the box, and 1-on-1 our players are faster than Stanford's.

But also the truth is about the Stanford game is you guys fumbled the ball TWICE on special teams. Those are back-breakers. Just once fumble like that is good enough to hand the other team a win. But twice was a gift to us. If you didn't fumble on special teams, its probably a one-score game that could go either way.

I think ASU had a much better gameplan, and committed fewer errors. I don't think ASU was the better skilled team.
Shaw goes Shaw once again, a lead in 3rd qtr so that means start trying to run out the clock....can't believe how many people think this guy is some kind of genius.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Shaw goes Shaw once again, a lead in 3rd qtr so that means start trying to run out the clock....can't believe how many people think this guy is some kind of genius.

Sounds familiar
The real question is do we draft Kevin Hogan
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
The real question is do we draft Kevin Hogan

Hahaha

Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Well, glad SC won but look at it this way. We may be seeing each other again this year. That was a hard game and could have gone the other way.

Asu vs Oregon in champ

We shale see

D**n, Stanford and 49ers so joined-at-the-hip they even implode during the same season.

Okay, calm down, I know the Niners aren't "done" for the season yet...but it ain't looking good. But the Cardinal can start gearing up for maybe the Las Vegas Bowl.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Nov 4, 2014 at 11:13 AM ]
its hard watching college football right now.
Share 49ersWebzone