LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Most heart breaking moments in Sports History

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by MrOrange:
1) 2002 Worls Series Game 6 ( f**k you Dusty Baker)
2) 1990 NFC Title Game ( Screw you Roger Craig)
3) 2013 Super Bowl ( EAD Greg Roman)

Those 3 stand out to me because there is no doubt our home teams should have won all 3

The Ravens were better for most of that game. Thats why I didn't consider it heart breaking.

Thats nice. But, when you have first and goal on the 5 yard line to win a 6th SB (and first in 20 years) and you dont get it done because of stupid play calling I think its heart breaking. I couldnt care less who played better for most of the game.

i can understand the heart break but i think people are forgetting a td for us only puts us up 1 point, we'd need a 2pt conversion just to make it a 3 point lead. there was 1:45 left on the clock, even with that 3 pt lead thats enough time for a fg attempt and potential 1st ever OT sb game. that game was far from over even with a td from us.

Still for the ones of us that were just little kids who couldn't really appreciate it when we last won the SB, that game was an incredibly heartbreaking experience to go through.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by MrOrange:
1) 2002 Worls Series Game 6 ( f**k you Dusty Baker)
2) 1990 NFC Title Game ( Screw you Roger Craig)
3) 2013 Super Bowl ( EAD Greg Roman)

Those 3 stand out to me because there is no doubt our home teams should have won all 3

The Ravens were better for most of that game. Thats why I didn't consider it heart breaking.

Thats nice. But, when you have first and goal on the 5 yard line to win a 6th SB (and first in 20 years) and you dont get it done because of stupid play calling I think its heart breaking. I couldnt care less who played better for most of the game.

i can understand the heart break but i think people are forgetting a td for us only puts us up 1 point, we'd need a 2pt conversion just to make it a 3 point lead. there was 1:45 left on the clock, even with that 3 pt lead thats enough time for a fg attempt and potential 1st ever OT sb game. that game was far from over even with a td from us.

Still for the ones of us that were just little kids who couldn't really appreciate it when we last won the SB, that game was an incredibly heartbreaking experience to go through.

oh i can believe it was. i men tioned earlier in this thread about feeling bad for guys like you who cant remember previous titles.
Robert F'ing Horry 2002 WCF game 4.
Originally posted by est1985:

yeah i'll add game 5 of the nba finals in 2005 aswell

Stupid Rasheed had to cheat over and didn't keep Horry in his sight.

yeah its burned in my memory. could have been back 2 back champs, ahh well at least we got one.
#1 for me is Joe Carters home run off Mitch Williams in the 93 world series

#2 Super Bowl loss to Ravens

#3 Seahawks loss last year
Originally posted by Knowledge:
#1 for me is Joe Carters home run off Mitch Williams in the 93 world series

#2 Super Bowl loss to Ravens

#3 Seahawks loss last year

strange cus thats one of my top 3 all time fav sports moments. in addition to montana to taylor and donovan bailey breaking the world record in atlanta.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Muggins:

1990 NFC Championship Game with the Roger Craig fumble. We were running out the clock on our way to face the Bills in the Superbowl.

This.

Yup, but it was this that broke my heart the most:

Yeah this too. This was the first and only time I cried tears after a game. I was 12 tho.

1. 2012 Superbowl
2. 1990 NFC Title Game
3. 2013 NFC Title Game
4. 2011 NFC Title Game
5. 2002 WS Game Six
6. 1987 NLCS Game Seven
7. 2011 Marlins/Buster Posey Game
8. 1983 NFC Title Game
Originally posted by jrg:

Was 8 years old in 1994, so this one was extremely important to me.

I was also 8 in '94.
Oh yeah, the 1989 Redwood Empire Junior Football Conference Championship Game . . . god damned Ukiah Lions! . . . Okay, maybe the rest of you don't care about this one.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

[ Edited by Niners99 on Jul 10, 2014 at 1:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone