LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Wimbledon Finals

Seems nobody on the Zone is bringing up Wimbledon so here goes. Women's Finals first, much more appealing than the Men, because they serve and volley. Twenty year old Eugenie Bouchard from Canada makes her first (of many to come) finals appearances. Strong game, 6ft tall, beautiful and composed, will make double or triple the money any football player makes over the span of their careers. She's a marketers dream. Her opponent is Petra Kvitova, she's from the Czech Republic and won Wimbledon in 2011. A number of Czech's have made it to the Men's and Women's quarters and semis. Kvitova's serve is her greatest weapon. Is she born with so much power? Makes you wonder.

I find the Men's semis boring, I'm tired of seeing Federer, Djokovic and Nadal. Milos Raonic and Dimitrov Grigor are the newcomers, both with booming serves. However, watching these guys serve 40 aces a match makes for lackluster tennis. My heart is with Bouchard, my money with Kvitkova. As for the Men's, I'll watch a 49ers replay win in its' place.
No one cares about womans tennis especially if Serena is knocked out. Who in the hell knows who Eugenie Bouchard and Petra Kvitova are. ? The ratings for that will be god awful. As for the men.... at least Federer and Djokovic are big names and have some draw.

Tennis wont be big again in this country until some stars emerge.
No1curr bout tennis.
great times for canadian tennis with raonic and bouchard.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I CARE.....

Because this girl I'm hot for at work is a tennis freak.I gotta cram.
Sharapova is out so I stopped caring.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Sharapova is out so I stopped caring.

Check out the Canadian girl in the final. Hot

GO CANADA!!!

• lazy
  • Veteran
Going to watch the Wimbledon match today, I havent watched tennis in forever.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
.Kvitova is about to win the first set.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Kvitova wins the the match, 6-0, 6-2.
Serena could match Kvitova with power. Kvitova won the tournament without meeting a top 10 player.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Djokovic wins the first set 6-4
[ Edited by lazy on Jul 5, 2014 at 8:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone