LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

2013-2014 NBA FINALS Thread

Originally posted by sanjo49er:
You guys remeber that quote LJ SAID A COUPLE A YEARS AGO?

Something about not actually wanting to dress up as Gramama?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/15/how-larry-johnson-became-grandmama/
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The Detroit Red Wings and their 23 straight playoff appreance say hi

Oh....LoL. Nevermind.

s**t the Portland Trailblazers made a run of 21 straight appearances from 1983 through 2003. lol

And Jerry Sloan got the Jazz to the playoffs in 20 straight years from 1983-2002.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

If Kobe worked the media a little more and didn't have the Colorado incident I bet he would've have more MVP Titles.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Something about not actually wanting to dress up as Gramama?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/15/how-larry-johnson-became-grandmama/

The diapers must come off
Such a boring finals
LBJ kids enrolled to Cleveland schools

Lol
I think the argument of MJ or LBJ has come to an end. With a 2-3 finals record he will never reach Jordan's level of greatness.
Originally posted by Youngone:
I think the argument of MJ or LBJ has come to an end. With a 2-3 finals record he will never reach Jordan's level of greatness.

on top of that, MJ made everyone around him better...LBJ needed everyone around him to be better
Originally posted by Youngone:

It's over this off season and will be back next season. And the one after that.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
on top of that, MJ made everyone around him better...LBJ needed everyone around him to be better

Yeah, his teammates this year made him so much better. He is the weak link that depends on the team. And can't forget the Cleveland teams Mo Williams and Bobbie Gibson took deep in the playoffs. LBJ got lucky to be on those teams.

LBJ should have teamed up with Wade much sooner. They were saying on "numbers never lie" that the performance index of Bosh and Wade during the Finals were worse than Kelly Olynk and Derek Fisher during the regular season.

Time is of the essence now for Lebron. Even though he's what 29..he still has 11 seasons under his belt plus all those playoff games. He might regress physically sooner than you know it.
Originally posted by sacniner:

Yeah, his teammates this year made him so much better. He is the weak link that depends on the team. And can't forget the Cleveland teams Mo Williams and Bobbie Gibson took deep in the playoffs. LBJ got lucky to be on those teams.

Yeah -- 66 wins in 2009 with a s**t cast of supporting teammates.
are people still piling on LBJ? Dude was the only player from Miami who actually showed up for the finals. His whole team practically quit on him.

Of course he isnt MJ, NO ONE IS. But LBJ is still the best basketball player on the planet at the moment and has carried 2 franchises deep into the playoffs basically every year since he's been in the league.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
are people still piling on LBJ? Dude was the only player from Miami who actually showed up for the finals. His whole team practically quit on him.

Of course he isnt MJ, NO ONE IS. But LBJ is still the best basketball player on the planet at the moment and has carried 2 franchises deep into the playoffs basically every year since he's been in the league.

He was there...I don't think he really showed up. He had some good quarters, but nothing magnificent. He did have the best acting performance of the playoffs. That's the only dude I know who gets carried of the court on a regular basis with no injuries! LMAO
I'll tell you who showed up is Lebrons Daddy on Fathers Day! Kawhi Leonard...made the king pout and cry on the bench.
Originally posted by sacniner:

lmao, jordan had years where he barely even averaged more than 4 assists...LBJ is one of the better passers i've ever seen, and undoubtedly the greatest from the forward position.

i'm by far NOT a lbj apologist (personally don't really like him as person, hate the "decision" and the fact he has "the chosen one" tattooed across his back), but it's hard to deny his game. how he got to the finals with a dumbass coach in mike brown, and probably the most awful S5 in finals history, was nothing short of amazing.

jordan made his team better because he was that great, and had a motor that lasted 48 min, something lebron doesn't have (and that's not his fault, 6'8 250 lbs, you're body can't go %100 for 48 min at that size, i don't care who you are).

either way, if lebron had a consistent jump, i couldn't fathom a scenario were he wouldn't be the best of all time. and you also need to take in account that he can guard ANYBODY on your team and do a GREAT job at it.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Jun 22, 2014 at 1:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone