LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

2013-2014 NBA FINALS Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Another thing 4ML is I was telling my wife a SAS fan about that Bulls dynamic where you have a team that from year to year could be broken up or dismantled yet CHI played under that pressure and continued to win. Also year 3 of the second 3 peat UTA was the favorite after having been the dogs year 2 of the 3 peat. Still didn't stop MJ from doing UTA anyway and despite that same revenge factor for SAS I see LeBron doing them too.

At any time Micky Arison can choose to stop paying the luxury tax just like Jerry Reinsdorf of the Bulls but Arison will continue to pay the Heatles so long as they are winning chips. These scenarios are nearly identical and the parallels evident. Call me a dreamer but I am fascinated by what these guys are doing. This is how you birth a new generation of NBA fans worldwide

I hope so man...a 3 straight titles and 4 straight Finals appearance will surely put them among some of the greatest teams of all time. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I don't care what happens next season...but I want them to get the 3-peat badly.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Heat in 6 although I want the Spurs to win. Makes me sick just saying that.

This
Can somebody post pics of Bosh's Wife BB
Originally posted by 4ML:
IMO - Pop will once again put Diaw on Lebron and Kwahi on Wade for stretches. Last year, Miami was peaking during the streak and were exhausted by the time they reached the NBA finals. Lebron was spent and didn't look to attack the paint as often when the jumper wasn't falling. When he did attack - Spurs did a great job of helping off the shooters late. I fully expect Pop to give cushion once again.

Also, Bosh is a much better 3pt shooter this season. He'll get plenty of open shots in this series and if he's hitting about half of them - Duncan/Splitter will have to stay a little closer to him. That may be just enough opening for Lebron to attack the paint. Lewis is all of a sudden a huge piece of the equation. Lebron has lobbied Spols to play him more all season and Lewis is finally gettin' his chance. He was great against Pacers.

And, lastly...D-Wade has completely transformed his game. He has lost a lot of his elite athleticism due to injuries - but has become one of the better mid-range shooters in the game. He said he has been working on it for 3 years but this is the year where everything has come together for him. I expect a much better series from him this time around.

Spurs are great offensively. They'll whip the ball around to the open guy and shoot 3s. That's why they're such a dangerous team. They've so many shooters - it's ridiculous. Their bench is great. So, they have a great shot. If anyone can beat a healthy Miami Heat team - it's them.

Should be a great series. Can't wait.

This is a perfect analysis. I see the same thing
Go Spurs.

Screw this purchased dynasty Miami is trying to build.
Spurs in 6. But if Tony Parker is still banged up...nevermind.
Who have the Heat beaten in the playoffs? Is there any competition in the Eastern division? The best the East could offer was the Pacers. I don't buy into Rashard Lewis. LeBron is the best player of this generation but he's been beaten twice in the finals, Michael went 6-0. I think the big X-Factor in this series is Kawhi Leonard. If he steps up on the big stage and takes on superstar status Spurs can win. Even watching on TV the size of his hands stick out with his rebounding and taking it to the hoop.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Who have the Heat beaten in the playoffs? Is there any competition in the Eastern division? The best the East could offer was the Pacers. I don't buy into Rashard Lewis. LeBron is the best player of this generation but he's been beaten twice in the finals, Michael went 6-0. I think the big X-Factor in this series is Kawhi Leonard. If he steps up on the big stage and takes on superstar status Spurs can win. Even watching on TV the size of his hands stick out with his rebounding and taking it to the hoop.

This would hold some water if they hadn't already proved that they can beat the best the west has to offer the last 2 years.
Originally posted by est1985:
This would hold some water if they hadn't already proved that they can beat the best the west has to offer the last 2 years.

Yeah, they annihilated the Spurs in last years' final.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by est1985:

Yeah, they annihilated the Spurs in last years' final.

What's the reason for the snide, sarcastic response? Is what I said wrong? Obviously not. It's not Miami's fault the east sucks, and they've proven that they can beat anyone the west throws at them.

Who cares about three peats. Honestly, I think Parker sitting out helped SA because that allowed Pop to put in Joseph and boy did Corey fill in nicely. His quickness and scrappiness gave OKC a little trouble and kept SA within reach.

Of course, against MIA, TP needs to be healthy. SA handed MIA the series last year. MIA is playing more consistent this year as they should since they've had the easiest schedule. I mean, just think if SA played weak teams. They would look like offs sive beasts going into the finals.

OKC was probably the toughest all around talent SA could have played.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Who cares about three peats. Honestly, I think Parker sitting out helped SA because that allowed Pop to put in Joseph and boy did Corey fill in nicely. His quickness and scrappiness gave OKC a little trouble and kept SA within reach.

Of course, against MIA, TP needs to be healthy. SA handed MIA the series last year. MIA is playing more consistent this year as they should since they've had the easiest schedule. I mean, just think if SA played weak teams. They would look like offs sive beasts going into the finals.

Of course you don't care about 3-peats. Your team must win back2back first to entertain the idea of a 3-peat.

Also, were you b***hing about the easy path to the Finals last year when Westbrook and Griffin went down with injuries in the playoffs and you had to beat a Kobe-less Lakers, Curry's tweaked ankles, and Memphis?
[ Edited by 4ML on Jun 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM ]

Of course you don't care about 3-peats. Your team must win back2back first to entertain the idea of a 3-peat.

Also, were you b***hing about the easy path to the Finals last year when Westbrook and Griffin went down with injuries in the playoffs and you had to beat a Kobe-less Lakers, Curry's tweaked ankles, and Memphis?

3 Peats are a feat only reserved from the most elite NBA teams of all-time. You better believe MIA is very cognizant of this fact. They want their slice of history really bad otherwise LeBron would not have led them to the Finals 4 seasons straight while carrying Team USA in the midst of things. I remember Duncan the last time he played for Team USA saying he never would again and he hasn't to preserve himself for SAS which makes what LeBron has done remarkable and unselfish. Team USA really rode him for that medal and he withstood it and took on the challenge personally of bringing home that gold medal.

Now a lot has been said bad about MIA since their inception but the one thing Pat Riley brought to MIA even before the big 3 was Eastern conference basketball defense and physicality. The physical nature of play has since eroded since all the rule changes but when the lights are brightest no team in this league can reach the levels of full court pressure and defensive intensity that the Heat wing players and pivot men can achieve. It can be argued that SAS hasn't met a team that can play defense like MIA has either. In fact I know those Western conference teams ain't D'ing up squads like MIA
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 1, 2014 at 2:01 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

3 Peats are a feat only reserved from the most elite NBA teams of all-time. You better believe MIA is very cognizant of this fact. They want their slice of history really bad otherwise LeBron would not have led them to the Finals 4 seasons straight while carrying Team USA in the midst of things. I remember Duncan the last time he played for Team USA saying he never would again and he hasn't to preserve himself for SAS which makes what LeBron has done remarkable and unselfish. Team USA really rode him for that medal and he withstood it and took on the challenge personally of bringing home that gold medal.

Now a lot has been said bad about MIA since their inception but the one thing Pat Riley brought to MIA even before the big 3 was Eastern conference basketball defense and physicality. The physical nature of play has since eroded since all the rule changes but when the lights are brightest no team in this league can reach the levels of full court pressure and defensive intensity that the Heat wing players and pivot men can achieve. It can be argued that SAS hasn't met a team that can play defense like MIA has either. In fact I know those Western conference teams ain't D'ing up squads like MIA

Every year at the start of the season - ppl predict Miami will lose in the 2nd round or in the ECF and when they make it to the Finals - it's because the East sucks. Yes, West was great this year...and East wasn't so good - but Spurs didn't have to go through any of the tough teams. OKC had a really tough road.

And, it's selective memory. Spus had it real easy in last year's playoffs as well. No one was complaining then.

These are two great teams...it will be a great series - and couple of games are going to come down to the wire and whoever wins those games will likely win the series.

...and yes, repeats and 3peats do matter. Winning titles when you're the hunted is a lot harder. A Spurs fan should know this - because that's one mountain their team has never been able to climb.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
What's with bringing up LBJ in the olympics? Who cares about that? Has absolutely nothing to do with what happens in the NBA. Pretty much any all star since 92 has a gold medal.
Share 49ersWebzone