LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 THREAD

Brasil rioting like crazy against the cup...wonder if they will take it out on the fans ?
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/brazils-black-bloc-anarchists-vow-run-riot-world-cup-n112866
Vice also had a great documentary on Brazil. I was surprised to see how lawless Brazil was, and many of those cities are just ran by drug gangs. It's gonna be a very interesting WC, wish it wouldn't last just 1 month though.

Would be great to see every team play each other twice in the group divisions.
this cant be worse than having the games in qatar...i swear the people in charge of fifa are f**king idiots
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
this cant be worse than having the games in qatar...i swear the people in charge of fifa are f**king idiots

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Corrupt motherf**kers
I predicted the Spain-Netherlands final 4 years ago with Spain winning, so I may give this another run soon.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I predicted the Spain-Netherlands final 4 years ago with Spain winning, so I may give this another run soon.

As if predicting a Spanish win was so hard.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by KapToBoldin:
The 32 teams are divided into 4 pots.

Pot A is based on rankings - Rankings are based on performances over last 4 years. More weightage is given to last 12 months, then 12-24 and so on.
Pot B, C, D are loosely based on geographic location.

So, Europe will be one pot, Australia-Asia-North America will be one pot - S.America and Africa will be one pot. It changes IIRC - depends on how teams from a certain area get qualified.

Then they do the draw. Pick 1 team from each pot for each group.
The rankings are rigged, nothing more to say. USA could go to Italy and win and still not get in Pot A. Oh wait that already happened.

lol stop trolling. It's based on performances over 4 years, not couple games. What don't you get about that?

We had a shot at getting into an easy group, but we just happened to get the s**t end of the draw. Seems to happen to us often, but whatcha gonna do.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
We had a shot at getting into an easy group, but we just happened to get the s**t end of the draw. Seems to happen to us often, but whatcha gonna do.

pretty sure we'll get evey call to go against us like in every world cup, lol. we always have to play the opponent and the refs.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KapToBoldin:
The 32 teams are divided into 4 pots.

Pot A is based on rankings - Rankings are based on performances over last 4 years. More weightage is given to last 12 months, then 12-24 and so on.
Pot B, C, D are loosely based on geographic location.

So, Europe will be one pot, Australia-Asia-North America will be one pot - S.America and Africa will be one pot. It changes IIRC - depends on how teams from a certain area get qualified.

Then they do the draw. Pick 1 team from each pot for each group.
The rankings are rigged, nothing more to say. USA could go to Italy and win and still not get in Pot A. Oh wait that already happened.

lol stop trolling. It's based on performances over 4 years, not couple games. What don't you get about that?

Yeup. Turrible luck in the draw last few times.

pretty sure we'll get evey call to go against us like in every world cup, lol. we always have to play the opponent and the refs.

Don't blame the refs. Well, if it's not "The Hand Of God", don't blame the refs. lol
Love the way the Men NT are playing right now.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Love the way the Men NT are playing right now.

sick pass by bradley
I kno. He's been a beast this game.
Share 49ersWebzone