There are 165 users in the forums

2013-2014 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

That^ plus I don't like vogels lineups much. Cj Watson needs to play more
Shouldn't have traded the team's mojo away. They're just not the same without Granger.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Shouldn't have traded the team's mojo away. They're just not the same without Granger.

This. So much this.

Meh I think they would've folded like this anyway
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
That^ plus I don't like vogels lineups much. Cj Watson needs to play more

Definitely. Watson can score - why is on a bench lol makes no sense. Maybe bench Hill and Lance, start Turner and Watson. Have Lance be the man with the 2nd team.

They were slumping even before trading Granger though.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Naah. Veteran presence is huge. He was the leader of the team - just a terrible trade.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

They were slumping even before trading Granger though.

They weren't playing great but not slumping. I do think adding Bynum was a huge mistake too.

And teams go thru slumps. Leaders help their teams get thru them. That's why you don't trade such players for scrubs.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Lance with a series of head-fakes and then turns it over lol
Hibbert swatted by Korver again

Originally posted by 4ML:

Naah. Veteran presence is huge. He was the leader of the team - just a terrible trade.

I understand that. And yea it plays a part. But not to this crazy extent. They have so much more wrong than just losing a veteran leader.

And to your other post I was thinking the same thing. Put turner and Watson in the starting lineup and let lance run the second team.
Playoff teams w/ HCA 0-3 today.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:

I understand that. And yea it plays a part. But not to this crazy extent. They have so much more wrong than just losing a veteran leader.

And to your other post I was thinking the same thing. Put turner and Watson in the starting lineup and let lance run the second team.

Yea...definitely more than just losing Granger. Couple players said (in late Feb/early Mar) that they were having tough time dealing with being the hunted now. A savvy vet would have told them (and Vogel must have told them this as well) - you ain't the hunted till you win something. But, it's a message delivered better by player who is looked up by everyone. I think they lost their edge and they don't trust each other to figure out a way to turn that switch back on. It's not just offense - this team is playing bad defense by their standards.

I think Granger trade was sort of like the straw that broke camel's back. Granger would have held Lance, PG, and Hibbert accountable. Right now, they're just pointing fingers at each other.

I'm a little sad (just a little) - was hoping for a good series against the Heat.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 19, 2014 at 6:59 PM ]
lol indy
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Playoff teams w/ HCA 0-3 today.

As expected - OKC comes out breathing fire after what Memphis did to them last year.
Share 49ersWebzone