LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 195 users in the forums

Take MJ out of the 90's, which star (of Today's game) fits best?

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I am telling you that if healthy and in their primes, you give me Penny and MJ in my backcourt, Dominique Wilkins and Chuck at the forwards and Hakeem at C and I don't care what you give me today as your starting five I am going to win that best of 7 in 5 games tops!

I think Lebron would win
In their primes LeBron, Kobe, Durant, KG and Tim Duncan destroy that team. Penny and 'Nique?
Did you guys not see how the Spurs nearly defeated MIA? They simply packed the paint and dared LBJ and Wade to shoot Js! A lot of shots were long 2s and midrange and it took MIA 7 games to barely defeat the Spurs! MJ and Penny would have killed that s***! You just don't dare MJ to shoot! LBJ and Wade didn't even know what to do half the time. MIA should have won that series in 6. I don't know where you dudes came up but I know what I have experienced and the 90s game was raw and dudes knew how to play the game!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
In their primes LeBron, Kobe, Durant, KG and Tim Duncan destroy that team. Penny and 'Nique?

That'd be a good match-up. Your team will lock down anyone. Durant is the weakest defender and he's pretty decent because of his length. Duncan, KG, Kobe, and Lebron are all elite defenders.

Anfernee, Jordan, Nique...? None of them are good 3pt shooters unless of course it's at college distance. Kobe and Durant will light them up from there. And, a lot of ppl don't know but Lebron is one of the best from distance when he catches and shoots. Only Kyle Korver is better this season (5+ attempts...Dwight is 2-4 and the mighty Gortat is 1-1).

Timmy D is one of the most under-rated Superstars of all time. I love me some Chuck but he isn't better than any of the players in your line-up.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 10, 2014 at 6:44 PM ]
The lineup I listed was just some of my faves not nearly the best
Mozgov would smash everybody listed:

Maybe not the best but it would still F up the other team that was mentioned. Lol at folks severely underestimating The Human Highlight Film.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Originally posted by jrg:

Uh, no. 93 points on 10/15 shooting = greatest efficiency of all-time. His 29 boards were just icing on the cake.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Uh, no. 93 points on 10/15 shooting = greatest efficiency of all-time. His 29 boards were just icing on the cake.

No

Blind ass b*****d
Blind ass b*****d

Yea how'd he miss the 93 points lol I was cracking up over here at it
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Blind ass b*****d

No
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Maybe not the best but it would still F up the other team that was mentioned. Lol at folks severely underestimating The Human Highlight Film.

Yes! If not for MJ he would have led the league in scoring at least a couple of years. He just played on an average team. And folk here see the short shorts and assume today's athleticism and skills are superior. I've posted the link with every 50 plus point game by MJ and in it you can clearly see his skill set. There are 37 games shown and I haven't seen any NBA athlete so explosive graceful commanding lethal and savvy as MJ. He brought something to the game in one player the game hadn't seen yet. The only player today doing that is LeBron. He is Magic with supreme athleticism and the ability to defend at least four positions consistently. He is the one that can say he is the evolution not Kobe. Kobe is a great player but he brought nothing new to the game aside from a slightly better 3 point shot over Jordan. Kobe blatantly cloned MJ and I find nothing wrong with that but folk here are trying to discredit MJ. The fifty point game chronology should speak for itself. MJ skills and athleticism would reign supreme today and he never shared top billing as the league's best player at any point of his career as a Bull and he shot fifty percent career at guard as a Bull. Dude was simply the best two guard ever if not player. Anyone watching the video unbiased should have no doubt where MJ stands. His speed power skill and stamina was unmatched and he didn't miss action to major injury but once in his career his sophomore year. His durability was elite and he was at 35 still the top dog of the game with no peer. Kobe and LeBron have shared that honor and prior to them Shaq and Tim Duncan. It was MJ during his time all the way even amongst a field of HOFers
Share 49ersWebzone