LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 199 users in the forums

Take MJ out of the 90's, which star (of Today's game) fits best?

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I'm not forgetting that Jordan lost plenty of times before. Like I said, he couldn't get out of 1st round without Pippen. Without Jordan, Bulls lost only 2 more games and took the mighty NYK to 7 games in the 2nd round. Had the refs not f**k up - Bulls would have won that game 7...just like Pacers would have won game 7 in 1998.

I don't understand the "mattered most" point. It only matters most when you reach the Finals? It doesn't matter most when you've never been out of the 1st round of the playoffs?

But without MJ, Hakeem and the Rockets would have killed the Bulls in 94! The best team always wins a 7 game series! I didn't like the call on Pip either on that foul to Hubert Brown. The game was over but the series was much more of a struggle with MJ not there. They had Kukoc taking game winners that series!

Of course. I'm not suggesting that Bulls were just as great without Michael. But, there were still pretty darn good without Michael. You take Kobe off Lakers team and they have tough time winning 25 games. Lebron left Cleveland and they lost 40 more games. So, yes - Jordan was one of the greatest ever but he also had a great team. Without him - they were still a legit playoff team...and, some of it also has to do with the poor competition in the 90s.

Again, that doesn't mean there weren't enough stars in the 90s. But, because of the expansion - the talent was spread out and those stars didn't have enough help. Jordan did and that's why he won that many titles.

After MJ retired they revamped the roster a good bit. They added Toni Kukoc and Steve Kerr just off the top of the head and Scottie and Horace (before he left for ORL) stepped up as well. When MJ came back for the second 3 peat he had a better team as evidenced by 72-10! For comparisons sake you put MJ on Lakers of 00s and you get at least 6 to 7 championships because Shaq would have stayed for one as well as Phil and MJ wasn't letting Paul Pierce straight handle him in the Finals like Kobe did! Paul Pierce punched Kobe the whole series. MJ would have shat on Paul Pierce and the Truth would be the first one to tell you. Real life, real Gs know about Kobe vs MJ! Now you have dismissed my posts as silly rhetoric and I have been nice about this because I believe in being respectful even to folk different than me with different experiences but you have to suppress the fanboy inside yourself and see the real deal. Some folk just can't see it and I understand but you won't find me dissing them because they see it differently! And I still say that I am upset that Penny Hardaway had his career limited by injury. I am telling you that dude would have ruled in today's game. The consensus of NBA players know what time it is. Robert Horry spoke on this as well. 90s squads would punk these guys today. They just ain't hard like in the old days!
lol @ C. Malone.

Ppl only remember the HOFers from 90s and throw their names out like only they played in that era. lol Everyone takes a charge now. It's what they're coached to do. Not just couple of HOFers. If the norm was to hack anyone who drives to the paint- that's what defenders would do. That would not make Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Harden or anyone else for that matter to all of a sudden stop driving to he lane. lol

You guys sound like bunch of old farts talkin' about how tough their childhood was when they had to walk to school. These guys have gone through more s**t to make it the NBA. Gone through more competition than players in any other era...asked to do more s**t off the court than in any era. They're not going to stop playing in the NBA because they may get hacked when driving to the lane lol. Every generation sets it's own standard for toughness.

You just have to have your ear to the streets when it comes to real NBA ball like I knew it. It ain't the same!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
lol maybe you need to supress your inner fanboy. You continue to make over the top remarks which are baseless opinions and you're passing them off as facts. And no I don't have to have my ear to the street. lol I don't even know what that means.

Anyway, these videos sum it up pretty nicely

[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 10, 2014 at 8:58 AM ]
lol maybe you need to supress your inner fanboy. You continue to make over the top remarks which are baseless opinions and you're passing them off as facts. And no I don't have to have my ear to the street. lol I don't even know what that means.

you cant be serious with those videos? lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

What do you disagree with? Was there any factually incorrect information provided?
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 10, 2014 at 9:14 AM ]

What do you disagree with?
Those videos act like he was supposed to never lose a game, didnt even waste my time with the 2nd one, also a whole lot of IFs, if worthy doesnt get hurt, if scott doesnt get hurt, its dumb
[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 10, 2014 at 9:18 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Those videos act like he was supposed to never lose a game, didnt even waste my time with the 2nd one, also a whole lot of IFs, if worthy doesnt get hurt, if scott doesnt get hurt, its dumb

No it isn't. If you read this thread - Jordan fans will have you believe he never lost. lol - The video is mocking the media's over the top love affair with MJ and countering the points made in Jordan's defense that he went through great teams to win his titles and willed his teams to wins by himself. He couldn't do it in college but we are often reminded by the media that he led his team to NCAA championship lol.

Do you think the Lakers team he faced was as good as the Lakers team with Kareem and Copper? It's a fact that teams in 90s weren't as strong as the teams in 80s and that's the point that video is making.
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 10, 2014 at 9:40 AM ]
4ML
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
4ML

Great post as usual. The 90s was watered down...
4ML

Great post as usual. The 90s was watered down...

perhaps 4ML can heed his own advice. "You continue to make over the top remarks which are baseless opinions and you're passing them off as facts"

if '90's was watered down then I wonder what to make of the 2000's? hmm the era in which team Leburn James plays in.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
perhaps 4ML can heed his own advice. "You continue to make over the top remarks which are baseless opinions and you're passing them off as facts"

if '90's was watered down then I wonder what to make of the 2000's? hmm the era in which team Leburn James plays in.

If NBA adds several expansion teams to this era - I'll say the same. Larry Bird said the same, so did Magic and Dr. J lol

lol @ misspelling names of players as an insult
[ Edited by 4ML on Apr 10, 2014 at 9:56 AM ]
Splash Bros
Well this thread sure has taken an unexpected turn
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Well this thread sure has taken an unexpected turn

90s was the best era...NBA even moved the 3pt line to college standard to make it difficult for shooters.

No it isn't. If you read this thread - Jordan fans will have you believe he never lost. lol - The video is mocking the media's over the top love affair with MJ and countering the points made in Jordan's defense that he went through great teams to win his titles and willed his teams to wins by himself. He couldn't do it in college but we are often reminded by the media that he led his team to NCAA championship lol.

Do you think the Lakers team he faced was as good as the Lakers team with Kareem and Copper? It's a fact that teams in 90s weren't as strong as the teams in 80s and that's the point that video is making.

You and those vids are reaching, but im done with this cuz this argument will never end
Share 49ersWebzone