LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Take MJ out of the 90's, which star (of Today's game) fits best?

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by jrg:
lol at JRG.

?

made me chuckle as you come through breaking up the monotony of this MJ vs Kobe beef.

oh alright haha
Originally posted by 4ML:
Players adapt to the era they're playing in. They don't make the rules. I think it's kind of silly to question their toughness.

See...I can make silly arguments too:

How come defenders hardly ever used to take charges? Taking a charge is definitely more physically demanding than just hacking. Must be fukin' pussies playing in the earlier eras - scared to take a knee in the balls or the gut.

you can most certainly make silly arguments but Scottie Pippen, C. Malone just laughed off your ridiculous comments.
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Apr 9, 2014 at 11:00 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I'm not forgetting that Jordan lost plenty of times before. Like I said, he couldn't get out of 1st round without Pippen. Without Jordan, Bulls lost only 2 more games and took the mighty NYK to 7 games in the 2nd round. Had the refs not f**k up - Bulls would have won that game 7...just like Pacers would have won game 7 in 1998.

I don't understand the "mattered most" point. It only matters most when you reach the Finals? It doesn't matter most when you've never been out of the 1st round of the playoffs?

But without MJ, Hakeem and the Rockets would have killed the Bulls in 94! The best team always wins a 7 game series! I didn't like the call on Pip either on that foul to Hubert Brown. The game was over but the series was much more of a struggle with MJ not there. They had Kukoc taking game winners that series!

Of course. I'm not suggesting that Bulls were just as great without Michael. But, there were still pretty darn good without Michael. You take Kobe off Lakers team and they have tough time winning 25 games. Lebron left Cleveland and they lost 40 more games. So, yes - Jordan was one of the greatest ever but he also had a great team. Without him - they were still a legit playoff team...and, some of it also has to do with the poor competition in the 90s.

Again, that doesn't mean there weren't enough stars in the 90s. But, because of the expansion - the talent was spread out and those stars didn't have enough help. Jordan did and that's why he won that many titles.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Players adapt to the era they're playing in. They don't make the rules. I think it's kind of silly to question their toughness.

How come defenders hardly ever used to take charges? Taking a charge is definitely more physically demanding than just hacking. Must be fukin' pussies playing in the earlier eras - scared to take a knee in the balls or the gut.

you can most certainly make silly arguments but Scottie Pippen, C. Marlone just laughed off your ridiculous comments.

C. Malone

His brother?
C. Malone

His brother?

lol. thanks d!ck. typo. rotfl.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
C. Malone

His brother?

go bluuuuuuuues
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

you can most certainly make silly arguments but Scottie Pippen, C. Marlone just laughed off your ridiculous comments.

lol @ C. Malone.

Ppl only remember the HOFers from 90s and throw their names out like only they played in that era. lol Everyone takes a charge now. It's what they're coached to do. Not just couple of HOFers. If the norm was to hack anyone who drives to the paint- that's what defenders would do. That would not make Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Harden or anyone else for that matter to all of a sudden stop driving to he lane. lol

You guys sound like bunch of old farts talkin' about how tough their childhood was when they had to walk to school. These guys have gone through more s**t to make it the NBA. Gone through more competition than players in any other era...asked to do more s**t off the court than in any era. They're not going to stop playing in the NBA because they may get hacked when driving to the lane lol. Every generation sets it's own standard for toughness.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
C. Malone

His brother?

Caaahhhrllllllllll Malone is laughing at my ridiculous comments
C. Malone

His brother?

go bluuuuuuuues

lmfao. you saw what happened to your boy D Backes yesterday few hours after my post . oh Carlo Colaiacovo was a d!ck for the crosscheck straight to the face with 3.1 seconds left in the game your blues were losing 4-1 to the capitals. yeah that's the way to play a game.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Caaahhhrllllllllll Malone is laughing at my ridiculous comments

lmfao. you saw what happened to your boy D Backes yesterday few hours after my post . oh Carlo Colaiacovo was a d!ck for the crosscheck straight to the face with 3.1 seconds left in the game your blues were losing 4-1 to the capitals. yeah that's the way to play a game.

cool. not gonna get upset over a regular season game. see ya in the playoffs. if ya make it that far

as much as you call us old farts time will catch up to you player. remember father time is undefeated. but we still got to watch the best of things in the '90's.

hey 4ML i've been meaning to ask a question. what's your favorite NBA team. please don't tell me Miami Heat cause that will be a laughable offense since we all know you're only on them cause some kid from Akron is playing there. just for reference. we all have a team we stand by irregardless to their records. yes it sucks when they lose but you will never catch anyone of us jumping ship. yes we might pick another team that we would like to win since our team may have bombed but we still comeback home to what's loyal to us.
cool. not gonna get upset over a regular season game. see ya in the playoffs. if ya make it that far

Am not worried about making it that far. already got hardware to prove who we are. what you got. and in your case no trophy just some blues. oh and you should worry about losing the #1 seed in the central to the Avs.
Kobe is probably my most disliked NBA player ever

Mentally Kobe is on a whole different level than Durant and especially James. Durant & James have weaknesses in their games, that I just did not see with Kobe. Durant might match Kobe clutch wise but James matches Kobe defensively. On the flip side Durant is weak physically & James needed 6 something seasons to establish a consistent jump shot, 8 years to have a post game.

If Durant improved his defense (will he ever) he could match Kobe in all around game. Once James joined the Heat, it took him out of "Greatest of All Time" conversation. At 29 years old, Larry Bird would demolish James.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
as much as you call us old farts time will catch up to you player. remember father time is undefeated. but we still got to watch the best of things in the '90's.

hey 4ML i've been meaning to ask a question. what's your favorite NBA team. please don't tell me Miami Heat cause that will be a laughable offense since we all know you're only on them cause some kid from Akron is playing there. just for reference. we all have a team we stand by irregardless to their records. yes it sucks when they lose but you will never catch anyone of us jumping ship. yes we might pick another team that we would like to win since our team may have bombed but we still comeback home to what's loyal to us.

I didn't call you an old fart nor was it meant as an insult. It's just a fact that ppl get old and they talk about how things were tougher in their days and today's generation is soft and got it easy. The players who played in 70s and 80's thought the game in 90s was played by a bunch of pussies. So, it's nothing new. I know I'm gettin' older every second bro but I hope not to become one of those ppl who think or talk like that.

It's your preference if you feel you got to watch the best of things in 90s. I started following NBA seriously during that time as well and I disagree with you on the basis of simple logic. To me, talent was watered down because they added 6 new teams.

I don't have a favorite team in the NBA. Never did. I lived in Bay Area but have had a tough time rooting for a team in Oakland. It's nice to see the Warriors doing well though. But, I've never really felt strongly for any team.

I've always had a favorite player and that's who I root for. In the 90s - it was Reggie Miller. Since Lebron came to the league - he's been the guy. It's funny that this question was never asked of me all the years when he was in Cleveland - I was pretty vocal fan then too.
you can most certainly make silly arguments but Scottie Pippen, C. Malone just laughed off your ridiculous comments.

If Rodman wasn't the king of taking charges from near 300 lb men regularly then I must be suffering from dementia. But when dudes went to the hoop they were hacked hella hard to discourage forays to the cup.
Share 49ersWebzone