That was a shot
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Tape measure BOMB by Pence. Just crushed into upper deck

That was a shot

Indeed.

Morse injured himself on a swing and was pulled from the game. Hopefully it's nothing crazy.... but it is Morse. I really hope injuries don't completely f**k us this year.
Good eye Panik!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Tape measure BOMB by Pence. Just crushed into upper deck

That was a shot

Both cheeks
They dont come easy right now do they? Big WIN
It's a f**king miracle
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
There's no way we go after Price right? The Giants must have real concerns about the rotation if they do. We would have to ravage through our farm pitching and can we afford to do that? Tim Hudson is going to be here for that long.

I'll have concerns too, Cain hasn't been the same, and I sure as hell don't trust lincecum and vogelsong. Plus how long can a 38 yr old Hudson keep this pace? I'll definitely trade for a starting pitcher and give up everybody but crick, and if we do trade crick it better not be for a got damn rental
A giants win, forgot what they look like
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
There's no way we go after Price right? The Giants must have real concerns about the rotation if they do. We would have to ravage through our farm pitching and can we afford to do that? Tim Hudson is going to be here for that long.

I'll have concerns too, Cain hasn't been the same, and I sure as hell don't trust lincecum and vogelsong. Plus how long can a 38 yr old Hudson keep this pace? I'll definitely trade for a starting pitcher and give up everybody but crick, and if we do trade crick it better not be for a got damn rental

Price and Samardzija are going to want top dollar. If traded here, there is no way they remain a Giant after the season ends.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jun 21, 2014 at 10:29 PM ]

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Price and Samardzija are going to want top dollar. If traded here, there is no way they remain a Giant after the season ends.

Then ownership needs to open up there wallets then wouldn't they? We're not the A's
woooooo we won

bust out the champagne!
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Then ownership needs to open up there wallets then wouldn't they? We're not the A's

We have a 150 million dollar payroll. I think the ownership has opened up their wallets more than enough to get it done.

A trade like that would deplete the farm system just as its starting to recover again.

Theres no reason we cant win with a Bum/Hudson/Cain/Lincecum/Vogelsong rotation. If youll notice, only 2 of those pitchers will be around in 3 years, so we kind of need our young arms.
Man, who the f**k are we paying for 150
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Man, who the f**k are we paying for 150

Cain- 20.8
Lincecum- 17
Pence- 16
Posey- 11.2
Hudson- 11
Pagan- 10.2
Sandoval- 8.2
Scutaro- 6.6
Romo- 6.3
Morse- 6
Affeldt- 6
Vogelsong- 5
Casilla- 4.5
Lopez- 4
Belt- 3.9
Blanco- 2.5
Arias- 1.1

Vet minimum for the rest.

btw, Posey gets a 5 mil. raise next year, Bumgarner gets a 3 mil. raise, Pence gets a 2 mil. raise, Lincecum gets a 1 mil. raise, Hudson gets 1 mil. raise

So trading the farm for a guy like Price or Samardzija, and then shelling out 100+ mil to keep them should not be high on the Giants priority list.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jun 22, 2014 at 1:00 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone