LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

The World Champion San Francisco Giants 2014 Season Thread

Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I'm just gonna hang out here for awhile because my other team is a major disappointment.

Going to watch the World Series film to cheer me up.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
We sign machoman yet?

lol

As far as watching games, I see on average, an entire game probably 145 times. Some of those late games I just have to check out because I work so early. I probably see a few innings/full game of close to 160 games. When we were pretty bad in the mid/late 2000's I would tail off towards the end and skip quite a few, so probably only ended up watching 140 or so. Even when I was a kid my mom would let me get a sick day if I bugged her enough if the Giants were playing a day game in Wrigley or something. I even remember trying to watch the scrambled version of GiantsVision if you guys remember that. Mom wouldn't buy that for me lol.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I'm just gonna hang out here for awhile because my other team is a major disappointment.

Going to watch the World Series film to cheer me up.

LOL that's exactly whawho was planning on doing last night. Only way to get over the stinkage was to relive the MadBum GREATNESS
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by Garcia:
We sign machoman yet?

lol

As far as watching games, I see on average, an entire game probably 145 times. Some of those late games I just have to check out because I work so early. I probably see a few innings/full game of close to 160 games. When we were pretty bad in the mid/late 2000's I would tail off towards the end and skip quite a few, so probably only ended up watching 140 or so. Even when I was a kid my mom would let me get a sick day if I bugged her enough if the Giants were playing a day game in Wrigley or something. I even remember trying to watch the scrambled version of GiantsVision if you guys remember that. Mom wouldn't buy that for me lol.

I started following the G's as an elementary school kid and listened to every game that wasn't on tv via knbr. I picked a s**tty time to start following them in 1985 when our big bats were Brenly, Chris Brown, Chili Davis, and Hack Man. When Chili Davis would strike out and break his bat on his leg I thought that was the coolest thing lol.
Just a heads up, but most things are 30% off on the mlb shop today. This year I waited before I got my caps and blu-ray boxset, so I saved $40 bucks.
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
I attempt to watch every single Giants game on tv every season, and go to some. Of course I have to miss some, but I see most of them. So its a very long season and now that we won it all again, I was sorta content to enjoy the offseason and get ready for next year. But now the Niners are making it so I REALLY can't wait for baseball season to come back. LET'S GO GIANTS!

I remember in 2003 I watched 158 of the 161 games, all from start to finish. The only games I missed were due to family vacation staying at a relatives house with no cable.

I kept a daily schedule record, and tallied just about everything each day. I was still a kid, without work to get in the way. I miss the days when I had that kind of time. We went wire-to-wire with 100 wins. I remember the details of that season more than any other non recent one. Good times.

Haha yeah I remember those days too. In 2001 was when I became interested in actually watching the Giants. I was a freshman in high school. I watched here and there and tried to see every Barry at-bat. Then in 2002 I think I watched just about every game. Not sure of the #. And every season since then I have attempted to watch every game. It was harder a handful of years ago before we had a DVR but I made it work somehow. Now I live in AZ and am in the military so I work weird schedules. That's why im still up at 6:16 right now. I got MLB.tv last year so I could watch every game. Its hard to do, but I love it so much ill stay up late to watch or watch the previous days game when I get home from work before I go online to see the score. Maybe one day I will ease up a bit haha.
I was just over on the Giants365 forum, man its depressing how little activity is on that site. I just barely registered on both these sites last night but it looks like not too many ppl go on Giants365, which needs to change!

Dont bother with Giants365, its a ghost town. This thread is very active year round.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Dont bother with Giants365, its a ghost town. This thread is very active year round.

Thanks for the heads up
Ever since the magical year of 2010, Ive gotten all the postseason box set dvds with the intention of watching all of them eventually. Also Ive gotten all the individual dvds that I could find and I have watched all of those. However, I still haven't watched any of my box set dvds. I had actually given up on the Giants in September when Angel Pagan was announced to be having surgery. I'm sure I'm not the only one to give up. Anyways I decided then that I was going to re-live the magic of the 2010 & 2012 playoffs by watching my box set dvd collections. Well, now I will be getting 2014's version for Christmas to add to the collection, and I think I will follow through with my plan of re-living all the WS runs. Especially now that the Niners have absolutely no hope of doing anything good this year
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
We couldn't make move for Donaldson
Originally posted by jimrat:
We couldn't make move for Donaldson

Sadly the Giants dont have anyone nearly as good as Brett Lawrie to throw back in a trade. Nor do we have much in terms of prospects.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Did we sign Lester and Scherzer and Headely yet?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
You forgot Moncada too
You forgot Moncada too

Just give us Lester, Moncada, and Morse and call it a day.
You forgot Moncada too

Nah, Sabean waiting for Aubrey Huff to come out of retirement.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You forgot Moncada too

Just give us Lester, Moncada, and Morse and call it a day.

This.......please.
Share 49ersWebzone