There are 427 users in the forums

The World Champion San Francisco Giants 2014 Season Thread

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
This is the worst week of my 2014 baseball life

And Kershaw throws a no-no.

Not to mention 15Ks. Maybe the best pitched game I have ever seen.

lulz, cause it was your boy kershaw

No. Because it was a no hitter that should have been a perfect game with 15K's. How many games have you seen better than that? Let me answer that for you.... NONE

No. Because it was a no hitter that should have been a perfect game with 15K's. How many games have you seen better than that? Let me answer that for you.... NONE

you and rubs are old enough to have watched the juan marichal/spahn 15 inning game

I watched Matt Cain's no hitter, which was pretty damn good pitching performance
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Colvin. Not kidding. He has more pop and extra base hits help.

we sucked last year, and they tried to bench him for mutiple different situations last year. He did not produce.

Colvin is not a CF so Blanco has to play there if Pagan is out. Colvin has gotten a lot of playing time in LF since Belt went down.

Lol we've scored 41 runs in the last 10 games and have 2 wins to show for it. Clearly, Blanco isn't the issue. It's bullpen and staying pitching.

I'm not talking about the losing streaks Morans, I am talking about in general. He isn't good enough to play regularly. He is fine for 7th inning defensive replacements, timely bunting, pinch running. He proved last year he wasn't good enough for regular playing time, correct? Yes. So quit acting like he's Dale Murphy. Its humorous.

you and rubs are old enough to have watched the juan marichal/spahn 15 inning game

I watched Matt Cain's no hitter, which was pretty damn good pitching performance
Marichal-Spahn was amazing in that it went 16 innings and both guys had shutouts going until Mays hit it out. But, in no way were either as dominating as Kershaw was last night. In fact, Spahn only struck out 2 guys the entire game and there were 17 hits in the game. As for Cain.. great performance obviously but 1 less K than Kershaw and against a team that loss 107 games that year.

we sucked last year, and they tried to bench him for mutiple different situations last year. He did not produce.

Colvin is not a CF so Blanco has to play there if Pagan is out. Colvin has gotten a lot of playing time in LF since Belt went down.

Lol we've scored 41 runs in the last 10 games and have 2 wins to show for it. Clearly, Blanco isn't the issue. It's bullpen and staying pitching.

I'm not talking about the losing streaks Morans, I am talking about in general. He isn't good enough to play regularly. He is fine for 7th inning defensive replacements, timely bunting, pinch running. He proved last year he wasn't good enough for regular playing time, correct? Yes. So quit acting like he's Dale Murphy. Its humorous.
No one said he should be a regular . With Pagan and Belt both out someone has to start in the outfield. I dont recall anyone suggesting that Blanco should be the Giants starting left fielder when everyone is healthy. When I asked what they should so when Pagan was out you said put in Colvin. Really? In CF?

No one said he should be a regular . With Pagan and Belt both out someone has to start in the outfield. I dont recall anyone suggesting that Blanco should be the Giants starting left fielder when everyone is healthy. When I asked what they should so when Pagan was out you said put in Colvin. Really? In CF?

Pagan went down and that changed stuff obviously, but before that Boch was giving him regular playing time because he values relationships and he knows Blanco. The problem is Blanco isn't good. Colvin should play LF when PAgan comes back. I've already stated previously the bullpen/pitching is the reason for the skid.

I am not a fan of playing lesser talent, never have been. Hicks needs to sit. Adrianza needs to sit. Blanco needs to be a replacement. I'm tired of watching inferior talent in certain positions. It's not hard to understand. It's why the giants thread is so active during the offseason.
Oh ya, and use Javy MOAR dammnit.
And I would rather have seen Gary Brown hit .200 and see what he has than watch blanco again. After last year I had my fill. Same goes with Panik. Call him up and quit worrying about b******t 4th string talent like Adrianza.

/rant

Pagan went down and that changed stuff obviously, but before that Boch was giving him regular playing time because he values relationships and he knows Blanco. The problem is Blanco isn't good. Colvin should play LF when PAgan comes back. I've already stated previously the bullpen/pitching is the reason for the skid.

I am not a fan of playing lesser talent, never have been. Hicks needs to sit. Adrianza needs to sit. Blanco needs to be a replacement. I'm tired of watching inferior talent in certain positions. It's not hard to understand. It's why the giants thread is so active during the offseason.

I dont disagree that the best talent should play. Lets not get too carried away by Colvin though. He has had 1 good year ever and isnt as good as Blanco defensivly or on the base paths. One homerun in 77 at bats isnt exactly being a power hitter either. Neither of them should be a starter in MLB but injuries are forcing that right now.
And I would rather have seen Gary Brown hit .200 and see what he has than watch blanco again. After last year I had my fill. Same goes with Panik. Call him up and quit worrying about b******t 4th string talent like Adrianza.

/rant

Gary Brown is proving what he has against far inferior competitition.. and it isnt much. Guy is a BUST

I dont disagree that the best talent should play. Lets not get too carried away by Colvin though. He has had 1 good year ever and isnt as good as Blanco defensivly or on the base paths. One homerun in 77 at bats isnt exactly being a power hitter either. Neither of them should be a starter in MLB but injuries are forcing that right now.

Lol. Way less at bats, 9 doubles and slugging .463. Blanco has 3 doubles. There is more to baseball than home runs Garce

/rant

Gary Brown is proving what he has against far inferior competitition.. and it isnt much. Guy is a BUST

So is .265 with 120 hits and 3 homers in a full season. (Last year) . It can't be much worse.

Lol. Way less at bats, 9 doubles and slugging .463. Blanco has 3 doubles. There is more to baseball than home runs Garce

And more to being a player than just hitting.. dumber than Garce.

Lol how did that work out last year?

Lol how did that work out last year?

You are on the rag. LOL You complain so much about Blanco that you would think HE is the reason for the Giants troubles right now. NO ONE is saying he is any good or should be a starting outfielder. But you know what.. neither should Tyler Colvin. Both are mediocre and if the Giants had ANY farm system that could provide hitting neither would be on the team.
Share 49ersWebzone