LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

***2014 March Madness Thread***

Thank god. I can't stand John Calipari.
[ Edited by Byisgod on Apr 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM ]
Originally posted by joshuatree:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
You don't know much about anything and it looks like you don't know much about college basketball either

Come on, those two teams were crap.

Can you find me a weaker CBB Champion?

The teams aren't crap it's the system. I'm a UConn fan but they are mediocre, however, they've played together for a number of years and know how to play the game. Kentucky had better athletes but were basically hired guns for one year. They had no plan during crunch time.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I'm just glad the SEC didn't win any major championship. So now Georgia fans cant be out in the street celebrating like they did something. We'll see what happens with baseball but no1curr bout baseball.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Thank god. I can't stand John Calipari.

This. Happy for Kevin Ollie, he's a good dude. Calipari is a clown.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 7, 2014 at 8:49 PM ]
Weakest "Champion" Ever. Congrats

You don't know much about anything and it looks like you don't know much about college basketball either

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Weakest "Champion" Ever. Congrats

Originally posted by SofaKing:

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The teams aren't crap it's the system. I'm a UConn fan but they are mediocre, however, they've played together for a number of years and know how to play the game. Kentucky had better athletes but were basically hired guns for one year. They had no plan during crunch time.

I think Randle and Young are the only sure bets to enter the draft so it's not like they're a one an done squad. Harrison twins, Dakari, and Lee will be back. Bunch of freshman and they made mistakes in the end but I don't think the mistakes cost them the game. They missed 10 FTs and UCONN jusftmade shots down the stretch.
[ Edited by eonblue on Apr 7, 2014 at 9:00 PM ]
Free throws
Lol the interviews if shabazz, boatright, and Daniels were hilarious

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Choose the wrong bandwagon to jump on this time. Bummer.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Seriously can't stand Drake for that s**t. lol
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Seriously can't stand Drake for that s**t. lol
I thought he learned the hood life in Memphis?

shouldn't he be a Tennessee fan?
Originally posted by SoCold:
I thought he learned the hood life in Memphis?

shouldn't he be a Tennessee fan?

or possibly, and this could be crazy, Memphis? lol

Also, great D from the UCONN guards lasts night. When you are forced to start your offense with your back to the basket from 35 ft out, it makes it hard to set up quality plays and get the ball inside to Randle. Kentucky had their chances, but free throws are an issue. That has happened to his teams in the past, and I think its a product of younger players not coming up big in key spots. They may be better athletes with more upside, but young players have things that still havent developed. That was the difference last night.
also, LOL at the dude who said "weakest champion ever". Lets take a quick peak at this logic: (using bullet form for amp)

• college basketball was praised all year for having more parity and better teams than years past
  • tourney was regarded as deep as ever, with multiple teams that could win it all
  • many NBA and college analysts and players picked #4 seeds to win it all (michigan St & louisville)
  • Kentucky almost beat Florida (a #1 seed in the SEC championship)
  • Kentucky and UCONN beat some quality opponents, look at the teams they faced
  • and here is the kicker....
  • but UCONN and Kentucky played in the championship (#7 and 8 seeds) so obviously the winner is the weakest ever

lol

do you even college basketball

(not a UCONN fan, just for clarification)
Share 49ersWebzone