Ronda Rousey vs Floyd Mayweather in an MMA fight

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he'd f**k her up in 5 seconds.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he'd f**k her up in 5 seconds.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
have you ever seen mayweather in real life? he's not a big dude..

i think rousey could take him.. different styles obviously

Agreed. Until I actually see Mayweather beat someone up, I have to give the edge to Rousey.
That Puosy ass phily shell running defense wouldn't stand a chance against a couple of head kicks.
Paquiao retiring. Cmon Mayweather get in there
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
That Puosy ass phily shell running defense wouldn't stand a chance against a couple of head kicks.

Yeah right, she wouldn't fire any head kicks. His reach is much bigger and he could just pop a combo in the first five seconds that could put her to sleep. Now, he she gets underneath his punches and gets Floyd on the ground, obviously she will dominate there.
What if she does grab him and he still gets some good punches into her ribs from close up? What of she grabs him and she doesn't take him down as quick as she thinks because he is twice as strong as any female she's grappled.

I think the biggest factor here is strength difference. It will be much harder for her to maneuver him into a move due to pure strength alone. Not the same thing but I can basically bicep curl a female towards me or off the ground. This would make pulling into an arm bar a little more difficult, let alone getting close and getting into position to get that arm bar.

Question is, can she take some punishment during the process? I don't think so.

I remember when Shamrock lost to Gracie but he sure did punish Gracie in the process. And Mayweather hits harder and faster than Shamrock and he would be sending flurries at a woman.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 6, 2014 at 3:27 PM ]
In an MMA match i would put my money on Rousey. Obviously in a straight up boxing match she wouldn't even lay a glove on him but with MMA rules inside of the octagon she drops him on his head, rips his arm off and beats him with it.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by binarythird:
All she has to do is grab a hold of him - the fight would essentially be over with her world class judo .

Couldnt he just kick her in the mouth as shes crawling to him?

Nope, in the current UFC you can't kick a fighter in the head when they are on the ground and you are standing up. You used to be able to do that in Pride though, soccer kicks, head stomps all kinds of gnarly s**t was legal.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by binarythird:
All she has to do is grab a hold of him - the fight would essentially be over with her world class judo .

Couldnt he just kick her in the mouth as shes crawling to him?

Nope, in the current UFC you can't kick a fighter in the head when they are on the ground and you are standing up. You used to be able to do that in Pride though, soccer kicks, head stomps all kinds of gnarly s**t was legal.

In that case, then a player should be forced to fight standing up prior to contact.

N
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:

Yeah right, she wouldn't fire any head kicks. His reach is much bigger and he could just pop a combo in the first five seconds that could put her to sleep. Now, he she gets underneath his punches and gets Floyd on the ground, obviously she will dominate there.

Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:

Maybe not a Rhonda headkick..maybe..but a Gilbert Melendez matchup would easily be won by Gilbert.

Besides,Floyd pays off refs and judged just so he can hold ,run and decision his way to an undefeated record.
The UFC has always been obsessed with Floyd... also, its funny how a lot of MMA fans, fighters and media hate on boxing. They've been saying for years how its taking over yet they still feel the need to hate on it.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
The UFC has always been obsessed with Floyd... also, its funny how a lot of MMA fans, fighters and media hate on boxing. They've been saying for years how its taking over yet they still feel the need to hate on it.

At one point the ufc thought they could compete with boxing but with the bombs they taken in pay per views this year they have been humbled. I love both sports but mma is far from generating the money boxing can.
Originally posted by FaTaL:

At one point the ufc thought they could compete with boxing but with the bombs they taken in pay per views this year they have been humbled. I love both sports but mma is far from generating the money boxing can.

The Jon Jones thing was huge... that was going to be a big $ event. All the made up beef between the two fighters was working well.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
The Jon Jones thing was huge... that was going to be a big $ event. All the made up beef between the two fighters was working well.

It was, maybe they could of had more then 800 k ppv buys. At least they have anderson and jones to start off 2015

ufc 177/178 and look like garbage, they should both be combined into one show
Share 49ersWebzone