LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Did Bryan Stow's attackers receive appropriate punishment?

Did Bryan Stow's attackers receive appropriate punishment?

It should be stated in the OP what these 2 cowards actually did:

"The complaint specified that he cut and disabled Stow's tongue, put out an eye and slit his nose, ear and lip in addition to other injuries that left him brain damaged."

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=10489372

Other than death, itself, it gets no worse for Stow. I'd be honored to end these remorseless fools with the flick of a switch.
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Feb 20, 2014 at 9:18 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
This pissed me off. Those f**kers basically got away with attempted murder.

That's when you step in with some good old frontier justice, be hanging around the jail the day each guy gets out and as soon as they step foot outside the prison, knock them the f**k out.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 20, 2014 at 9:21 PM ]
It wasn't technically murder, but almost. They ruined a life. Slap on the wrist
Those two will probably get their asses beat in prison by harcore Giants fans
It just shows how f**ked up our system is sometimes. Lesser crimes get more time, they ruin a dudes life and will be free shortly. No, it isn't right.
It's f**king outrageous. I hope they get raped and shanked.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Feb 21, 2014 at 7:52 AM ]
I will never understand our "justice" system.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
He was jumped from behind then cut, kicked and punched while unconscious. The guy will spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair, needs 24hr care and has to wear diapers. I don't see how they didn't go for attempted murder, what jury wouldn't convict those two animals? Hopefully they can tack on another 10 years for the weapons charge. Also what is taking so long, 3 years for a plea deal? Still they sentenced Mr Stow to live the rest of his life dependent on others, the least they could do is rot in jail the rest of theirs.
[ Edited by BobS on Feb 21, 2014 at 8:33 AM ]
I watched the comments made by the dad, sisters, and the judge on YouTube. Almost teared up when I heard the sister read his wife's statement to those a*****es. I'm amazed that these douches are still putting up the hard-ass shtick and have yet to ask for any forgiveness from the Stow family.

Originally posted by BobS:
He was jumped from behind then cut, kicked and punched while unconscious. The guy will spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair, needs 24hr care and has to wear diapers. I don't see how they didn't go for attempted murder, what jury wouldn't convict those two animals? Hopefully they can tack on another 10 years for the weapons charge. Also what is taking so long, 3 years for a plea deal? Still they sentenced Mr Stow to live the rest of his life dependent on others, the least they could do is rot in jail the rest of theirs.

Mens rea. Proving they had the intent to murder would've been near impossible.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

oh s**t, Sixth dropping the knowledge!

In my book though when you repeatedly kick/stomp a guys head when he is out on the ground, that is culpable intent to kill. Just my opinion though.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I guess they need to change the law then? What they did to Stow surely could have killed him, he had a fractured skull from getting kicked in the head. So what your saying is you can only call it attempted murder if the act has a high probability of death and not a low one? So if only 20% of people who get fractured skulls from getting kicked in the head die that act can never be considered attempted murder? It doesn't make sense these guys gave Stow a life of extreme suffering and they get a collective 12 years, WTF!
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
fair? yes and no.. i'm sure they've learned their lesson by now.. but it doesn't take away the fact that stow's life will never be the same

lol...you think people who do s**t like that learn their lesson?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/10489372/two-men-admit-guilt-dodger-stadium-attack-bryan-stow
I guess they need to change the law then? What they did to Stow surely could have killed him, he had a fractured skull from getting kicked in the head. So what your saying is you can only call it attempted murder if the act has a high probability of death and not a low one? So if only 20% of people who get fractured skulls from getting kicked in the head die that act can never be considered attempted murder? It doesn't make sense these guys gave Stow a life of extreme suffering and they get a collective 12 years, WTF!

Hell no, knee jerk changes to the law always produce bad law.

Law should never be based on one case.
Share 49ersWebzone