There are 152 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Best record in baseball? Yep. Thats right. the two time WS Champions San Francisco Giants. 32-18.

Playing solid baseball so far. Cards will see you in a few days.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Vogelsong (3-2) @ Garcia (1-0) - Thu, May 29 - 7:15PM
Bumgarner (6-3) @ Wainwright (8-2) - Fri, May 30 - 7:15PM
Cain (1-3) @ Wacha (3-3) - Sat, May 31 - 3:15PM
Hudson (4-2) @ Lynn (5-2) - Sun, Jun 1 - 3:15PM

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Best record in baseball? Yep. Thats right. the two time WS Champions San Francisco Giants. 32-18.

Might as well crown them now right
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Yankees @ Cardinals

Doesn't get much better than that
blue jays playing some good ball right now. always been able to to smash the baseball, now finally getting some good starting pitching.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
'Murica

Ryu is perfect through 6 after Beckett no hit the Reds yesterday. Has a team ever had no hitters on consecutive days?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Ryu is perfect through 6 after Beckett no hit the Reds yesterday. Has a team ever had no hitters on consecutive days?

He no hit the phillies
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

No, but Reds pitcher Johnny Vander Meer once threw no hitters in back to back starts in 1938.

Teams have been no hit, and then thrown a no hitter the next day, but never 2 in a row by the same team.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
how can you be THIS unathletic? id think you'd have to TRY to throw a ball this bad

Ben Revere just hit his first MLB HR lol

this is his 5th season
Originally posted by jrg:
how can you be THIS unathletic? id think you'd have to TRY to throw a ball this bad

Your browser does not support iframes.

Saw that too and it have me the lulz.

I'll tell you though that heavy lifting in the gym coupled with not having thrown a baseball in awhile will definitely make you lose that feel for the ball.

I had a pretty good throwing arm in my teens before I started doing some heavy lifting in the gym in college. Didn't throw a baseball for years. Fast forward to one of my son's first little league games and one of the foul balls came my way. One of the coaching dads motioned for me to throw it his way, which was probably about 30 to 40 feet from me. I threw one of the girliest looking lobs and completely missed him by about 10 feet short. It's kind of like Shaq and free throw shooting. The added mass to my arm with a baseball that felt like a pea totally threw off my mechanics.
Originally posted by jrg:

He hasn't been able to throw the same since he got shot 9 times!
Looking at the All-Star ballots, here's how I'd vote:

AL: Miggy(1B), Dozier(2B), Alexei(SS), Donaldson(3B), Norris(C), Cruz(DH), Bautista(OF), Trout(OF), Brantley(OF).
NL: Goldschmidt(1B), Rendon(2B), Tulo(SS), Arenado(3B), Posey(C - homer pick), Gomez(OF), Puig(OF), Stanton(OF).

Thoughts?

Lucroy deserves the vote at C in the NL over Molina and Posey IMO
[ Edited by vrabbit on May 28, 2014 at 10:26 AM ]
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Looking at the All-Star ballots, here's how I'd vote:

AL: Miggy(1B), Dozier(2B), Alexei(SS), Donaldson(3B), Norris(C), Cruz(DH), Bautista(OF), Trout(OF), Brantley(OF).
NL: Goldschmidt(1B), Rendon(2B), Tulo(SS), Arenado(3B), Posey(C - homer pick), Gomez(OF), Puig(OF), Stanton(OF).

Thoughts?

dont care about the AL, lol at Rendon at 2B, guys having a way better year than him, Gordon, Utley, Daniel Murphy
C id go Lucroy
Share 49ersWebzone