• Hall of Dumb
yanks vs dodgers WS
would not watch 1 sec
lol
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrg:
ONE MORE TO GO!!

lol the only good thing about all of this is that my boss hates the dodgers so he's gonna be angry if my cubbies lose.
Originally posted by SoCold:
yanks vs dodgers WS
would not watch 1 sec
lol

i probably won't watch either, but will root for dodgers
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by captveg:
They want the 1-game Wild Card because it guarantees a win-or-go-home playoff game in each league every post-season. If you make it a 3-game series you may go an entire postseason without any win-or-go-home Game 3s, 5s or 7s.

It's not about being fair, it's about maximizing must-see playoff TV.

---

The real lesson to be learned is that if your team sets a wins (Mariners) or winning streak (A's, Indians) record in the regular season, the Yankees with their 27 championships will beat your record-breaking team in the playoffs.

Go Astros!!!

Any playoff series already has a win or go home game. In a best of 3 there would be 2 games of win or go home vs the one they have now. No matter how you slice it MLB and the networks would make a lot more money by adding games.

Not for both teams in the same game. That only happens if a series goes the full possible length.
Originally posted by SoCold:
yanks vs dodgers WS
would not watch 1 sec
lol

Same. Although at the same time, go Yankees.
Can't believe the stros are. Gonna go out like this.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Can't believe the stros are. Gonna go out like this.

I dont think they will. I like Verlander to win Game 6 and I would always favor the home team in a Game 7.

I dont think they will. I like Verlander to win Game 6 and I would always favor the home team in a Game 7.

I hope not, I'm a big Astros fan (not the team but the players. Been following their drafts for a long time)

It's crazy to think that these 4 teams have had amazing drafts and the top farm system, probably top 4 farms and still contributing. Yanks, dodgers and stros will be here a long time
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Detroit Tigers to hire Ron Gardenhire as manager.
They want the 1-game Wild Card because it guarantees a win-or-go-home playoff game in each league every post-season. If you make it a 3-game series you may go an entire postseason without any win-or-go-home Game 3s, 5s or 7s.

It's not about being fair, it's about maximizing must-see playoff TV.

---

The real lesson to be learned is that if your team sets a wins (Mariners) or winning streak (A's, Indians) record in the regular season, the Yankees with their 27 championships will beat your record-breaking team in the playoffs.

Go Astros!!!

Any playoff series already has a win or go home game. In a best of 3 there would be 2 games of win or go home vs the one they have now. No matter how you slice it MLB and the networks would make a lot more money by adding games.

Not for both teams in the same game. That only happens if a series goes the full possible length.

You didnt say for both teams. Obviously. But my point still stands. Making a WC series 2 out of 3 adds another win or take home game for the audience to enjoy.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran

I don't know anything about the hiring cycle, but it seems like teams love to hire retreads.
Originally posted by FL9er:

I don't know anything about the hiring cycle, but it seems like teams love to hire retreads.

He's about as safe of a hire out there. Although I disagree that teams hire a lot of retreads. It feels like this era of hires has been a bunch of former players getting first time jobs.
Share 49ersWebzone