There are 210 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Also, Holliday isn't a STL fan. He is a MLB player for the New York Yankees giving the experience he had here.

Ok
Originally posted by Niners99:
Holliday pitches St. Louis in Stanton sweepstakes: 'There's no better place'

link

Dude doesn't even play here and spits the truth

I like how people from STL think "the fans" are on the players' minds when deciding where to play. Its money/taxes, location, and winning. In some cases park dimensions. There are some cities where the fans dont really GAF, but most places have good fans.

Taxes STL > SF
Location Doesn't matter. You spend most of your time w/ your team.
Winning STL > SF
Park dimensions STL> SF
Lol at winning, Giants have 1 horrible year and all of a sudden stl wins more??? Give me a break, stl was watching the playoffs from their couch just like sf was. Location does matter when you're from Cali and as a millionaire who makes the money Stanton does I can guarantee he would rather be in Cali than stl. If you're making so much money and is originally from Cali the hell would you choose stl over sf? Let's not talk as if stl is the greatest team or flat out better than sf, I'll give you ball park but Stanton has made ATT&T Park look like a band box time and time he's visited so I can bet he doesn't care.
Taxes STL > SF
Location Doesn't matter. You spend most of your time w/ your team.
Winning STL > SF
Park dimensions STL> SF

Location will trump taxes for Stanton. Hed probably much rather play in CA for a little bigger of a tax hit.

Both teams had down years, so you cant stamp the Cards as an instant contender.

As far as park dimensions in this particular situation, they dont matter. Stanton's homers are out in any park, and he's very confident in that. Hes not scared off by any stadium. Plus AT&T is more of an issue for lefties.

TBH, I dont see any scenario where both the Dodgers and Giants dont make the top 2 offers the Marlins like. Those are also likely Stanton's top 2 options, based on location.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Location doesn't matter

How convenient in this made up scenario.

Typical jrg.
Originally posted by Garce:
Location doesn't matter

Typical jrg.

84 games in the Bay Area, 10 games in LA, 10 games in SD, and 10 games in Phoenix. 114 of 162 games played within at least a short flight of home. Id say that matters.
Location doesn't matter

Typical jrg.

84 games in the Bay Area, 10 games in LA, 10 games in SD, and 10 games in Phoenix. 114 of 162 games played within at least a short flight of home. Id say that matters.
This, Lol at location doesn't matter especially if we're talking about a guy whose FROM Cali and lives there and trains in the off-season
Serious question - how does location not matter when Stanton has said he wants to be on the coast (east or west) and not the Midwest? I'm not saying he can't change his mind, but if he has "said" it and went as far as putting in a no-trade clause because of location, it must matter.

WOT I MISSTING
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Serious question - how does location not matter when Stanton has said he wants to be on the coast (east or west) and not the Midwest? I'm not saying he can't change his mind, but if he has "said" it and went as far as putting in a no-trade clause because of location, it must matter.

WOT I MISSTING

It's a very jrg thing to say, therefore not to be taken seriously.
Forget saying location doesnt matter, what about his reason behind it? Cus they spend most of their time with the team? Maybe so but u still want to be somewhere fun
[ Edited by crabman82 on Nov 30, 2017 at 12:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

WOT I MISSTING

It's a very jrg thing to say, therefore not to be taken seriously.

I'll give him the taxes and even the park for hitting. Cards fans are definitely good fans. So are giants fans.

To me it comes down to where you want to play and how much money will I make. I think the cards package is better than what the giants are offering, so it comes down to who will take on the salary and who is Stanton willing to play for. He could say f**k it, I'll play wherever and then it comes down to package. Or he may stick to what he said and be totally against playing in the mid-west.

Who knows. I am tired of talking about it. Just want the s**t to be done

Location doesn't matter

Typical jrg.

It 100% matters for a dude who was born and raised in CA. Not sure how that's even debatable.
Report saying Stanton has hesitations about the Giants because of lack of depth on the team, saying they don't have much outside of posey and Madison
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Report saying Stanton has hesitations about the Giants because of lack of depth on the team, saying they don't have much outside of posey and Madison

No decent OF, no leadoff hitter, no 3B

He's not wrong.
Originally posted by valrod33:

No decent OF, no leadoff hitter, no 3B

He's not wrong.

and no proven 2B if Panik is part of the deal. Really the Giants are really weak in 4 of the 8 positions if they get Stanton. I totally get his reservations.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
and no proven 2B if Panik is part of the deal. Really the Giants are really weak in 4 of the 8 positions if they get Stanton. I totally get his reservations.

That's why I think the Giants need to do whatever they can to include Dee Gordon. But I doubt it happens.
Share 49ersWebzone