LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

I love this, John Henry didn't hold back.

The Marlins were "infuriated" that the Red Sox had sent out their "B" lineup in Grapefruit League play Thursday, according to Juan C. Rodriguez of the Sun-Sentinel:

The sliver of Red Sox nation comprising much of the 6,427 spectators at Roger Dean Stadium hoped to see some semblance of the 2013 World Series Champions. Instead, they got mostly organizational filler in Red Sox batting practice jerseys with numbers befitting an offensive line."

The Marlins – the worst team in baseball last season – charged spectators a "super premium" ticket price for the contest, in which fans paid $12 more for field box seats, $11 more for loge and $10 more for bleachers than they would for a typical weekday game.

MLB has a policy in which teams must send at least four positional players who were regulars with the club in the previous season to Spring Training road games. The only two players in the Red Sox lineup Thursday who accumulated any semblance of playing time in the Major Leagues last year were center fielder Jackie Bradley Jr. (95 at-bats) and catcher Ryan Lavarnway (269 at-bats).

The Marlins brass felt as if the 6,427 fans who paid the increased ticket prices at their Spring Training home, Roger Dean Stadium, were ripped off, and deserving of a refund. Red Sox General Manager Ben Cherington issued an apology to the club Friday.

Well, Red Sox principal owner John Henry wasn't in the apologizing mood Saturday. He instead tweeted out a stinging jab at Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria, and the joke of an organization he's been running in Florida over the last 12 years:

@John_W_Henry They should apologize for their regular season lineup.

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/03/08/red-sox-principal-owner-john-henry-tweets-that-the-marlins-should-apologize-to-their-fans/
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Mar 10, 2014 at 4:12 PM ]
Man I think the Angels might actually be pretty good this year. I know you guys will hate but this team is pretty good all around.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Man I think the Angels might actually be pretty good this year. I know you guys will hate but this team is pretty good all around.

What makes you have those feels?
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

The Marlins were "infuriated" that the Red Sox had sent out their "B" lineup in Grapefruit League play Thursday, according to Juan C. Rodriguez of the Sun-Sentinel:

The sliver of Red Sox nation comprising much of the 6,427 spectators at Roger Dean Stadium hoped to see some semblance of the 2013 World Series Champions. Instead, they got mostly organizational filler in Red Sox batting practice jerseys with numbers befitting an offensive line."

The Marlins – the worst team in baseball last season – charged spectators a "super premium" ticket price for the contest, in which fans paid $12 more for field box seats, $11 more for loge and $10 more for bleachers than they would for a typical weekday game.

MLB has a policy in which teams must send at least four positional players who were regulars with the club in the previous season to Spring Training road games. The only two players in the Red Sox lineup Thursday who accumulated any semblance of playing time in the Major Leagues last year were center fielder Jackie Bradley Jr. (95 at-bats) and catcher Ryan Lavarnway (269 at-bats).

The Marlins brass felt as if the 6,427 fans who paid the increased ticket prices at their Spring Training home, Roger Dean Stadium, were ripped off, and deserving of a refund. Red Sox General Manager Ben Cherington issued an apology to the club Friday.

Well, Red Sox principal owner John Henry wasn't in the apologizing mood Saturday. He instead tweeted out a stinging jab at Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria, and the joke of an organization he's been running in Florida over the last 12 years:

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/03/08/red-sox-principal-owner-john-henry-tweets-that-the-marlins-should-apologize-to-their-fans/

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Loria has some nerve to complain about that. You shouldnt be charging a ton of money for spring training games anyways. Especially with that awful lineup.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Loria has some nerve to complain about that. You shouldnt be charging a ton of money for spring training games anyways. Especially with that awful lineup.

And the way he's s**t on all those Miami fans, like maybe 100 I know, for unloading essentially all the big names because he's a cheap clown who picked the worst guy possible to be manager of a possible playoff contender in Ozzie.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
17 year old Dodger pitcher Julio Urias just K'd two and got a grounder to third in his 1 IP of a spring start

Clocked in between 92-95

Originally posted by jrg:
17 year old Dodger pitcher Julio Urias just K'd two and got a grounder to third in his 1 IP of a spring start

Clocked in between 92-95

Unlimited money...
I know it's only exhibition but, the fact the Yanks got no-hit by the Marlins in Panama tonight brings my heart just a little joy
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
I know it's only exhibition but, the fact the Yanks got no-hit by the Marlins in Panama tonight brings my heart just a little joy

Do you hate the Yankees more than you like the Mariners?

Originally posted by Niners99:
Do you hate the Yankees more than you like the Mariners?

Well, hate's a strong word but, if the M's aren't playing, I admit I enjoy rooting for ABTY ;-)
  • jrg
  • Veteran
fuuuuuuuu come on baseball season

man, Grady Sizemore is looking solid in the spring. Hitting damn near .300, and made some great plays in the outfield. Too bad they have a young up and coming CF. Grady looks like he could really help a team, if he can stay healthy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
man, Grady Sizemore is looking solid in the spring. Hitting damn near .300, and made some great plays in the outfield. Too bad they have a young up and coming CF. Grady looks like he could really help a team, if he can stay healthy.

Hope the d00t can stay healthy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Jarrod Parker done for season
Share 49ersWebzone