There are 187 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

The umps dont need the other team to challenge in order to look at it. In a game of this significance they should have gone to replay. Period. It was a major f**k up by this umpiring crew as well as a completely stupid rule by MLB.

I agree. As the rule stands, the umps are correct. Even if the 10/30 DID apply, Pryce wasn't out there until near 34 seconds after Carpenter had scored. Again, I agree that game ending runs should be reviewed, but even more so due to the circumstances and how big the game is.

I think if Price didn't wait 34 seconds and go after the umps after they're already in the back, the game would have continued.

Overall its just a dumb way for a game to end. As a Cardinals fan, of course I'll take it, but rules are rules.

lol you wouldn't be saying "rules are rules" if the Cards were on the losing side.

Yeah I would. I'd be pissed because of how it ended of course, but that is the rule. I'd also be pissed at Matheny waiting 34 f**king seconds to challenge something that determines the game. Get your ass out there and challenge it.

Win or loss its a s**t rule. That would be my response regardless of the finish.
[ Edited by jrg on Sep 29, 2016 at 9:06 PM ]
lol you wouldn't be saying "rules are rules" if the Cards were on the losing side.

this is the truth
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

this is my opinion

FTFY
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
The Giants better not tied or lose by one game at the end of the season or else this will really suck.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

MLB better do something about this

Straight b******t
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
MLB better do something about this

Straight b******t

Rule needs to be changed.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
This got me straight in the feels. In his first AB back since coming off DL and the day he was told his 2017 option wasn't going to be picked up, Matt Holliday hits a HR in his first plate appearance. Hes been my favorite Cardinal since we had him. He was one of my favorite players when he was with the Rockies. When we got him from the A's I think that was the happiest I was after a trade in any sport. Been defending the guy for years even in his down years.

Just unreal.

Video
[ Edited by jrg on Sep 30, 2016 at 8:34 PM ]
This got me straight in the feels. In his first AB back since coming off DL and the day he was told his 2017 option wasn't going to be picked up, Matt Holliday hits a HR in his first plate appearance. Hes been my favorite Cardinal since we had him. He was one of my favorite players when he was with the Rockies. When we got him from the A's I think that was the happiest I was after a trade in any sport. Been defending the guy for years even in his down years.

Just unreal.

Video

Yayyyyyyyy
Matt Holiday is a dude who was definitely on the roids. Too many injuries too quickly to think he was clean,

Just unreal.

Video

Why are they saying it may be his final at bat as a Card?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Just unreal.

Video

Why are they saying it may be his final at bat as a Card?

I think they are going a bit overboard with the "this is it" stuff. The Cardinals are still in the running for a playoff spot and he may pinch hit during the next couple games. Then again, I don't know how his hand feels. He has been taking BP, but they said during BP his thumb would swell up. Next year I believe he has a 17 million dollar club option. Based on the point he is at in his career (37 years old), the Cardinals will not pick that up.

I remain hopeful he will come back to STL under a restructured 1-2 year deal, but I expect him to either retire or go to the AL and DH.

If he does retire, or this is his last AB as a Cardinal, he surely went out with a bang.

This was his statement before the game:

[ Edited by jrg on Sep 30, 2016 at 11:30 PM ]
Wow, that was a great statement and a helluva way to go out if it is his final at bat. Shame he was so injury prone during his career. He's always been fun to watch.
Matt Holliday has always f**ked my fantasy teams. Starts awful, gets hot, then gets hurt. EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

I say I'm not gonna draft him, then he's available late and the value is too high to pass. Ha.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Matt Holliday has always f**ked my fantasy teams. Starts awful, gets hot, then gets hurt. EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

I say I'm not gonna draft him, then he's available late and the value is too high to pass. Ha.

Yep. Always been a slow starter. Then he gets crazy hot.
Share 49ersWebzone