• jrg
  • Veteran
Cashner looks so weird without his beard
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Lucroy to Indians
Originally posted by jrg:
done deal kemp for olivera

padres designate olivera for assignment?????
  • Jiks
Rockies f**king some s**t up as of late.
My source Omar vizquel has told me the Indians have traded for Andrew Miller. Details pending.
Cleveland going hard in the paint.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Cleveland going hard in the paint.

Believeland
Originally posted by jrg:
Lucroy to Indians

Nope
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
2017 is Lucroy's free-agent season. Yan Gomes is under contract with #Indians. Did not want to risk losing playing time.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

And sorry, but I'm not buying the argument about Jonathan Lucroy losing playing time. He's a top 3 catcher in MLB next to Posey and Perez.

You don't trade a switch-hitting 20-year-old catcher, an electric 20-year-old SS and two more pieces for a guy you aren't playing every day.

Originally posted by Jcool:
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

And sorry, but I'm not buying the argument about Jonathan Lucroy losing playing time. He's a top 3 catcher in MLB next to Posey and Perez.

You don't trade a switch-hitting 20-year-old catcher, an electric 20-year-old SS and two more pieces for a guy you aren't playing every day.

This largely correct imo. But it leaves out 1 thing, it's lucroys decision. He could've incorrectly thought he'd split time or not play as much once gomes is healthy. They could've tried to reassure him but maybe it was just his gut feeling

Edit: I see he is under contract next year as well, he's probably concerned about playing time over the course of next season and the affect it might have on his free agency in 2017.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jul 31, 2016 at 9:30 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Duke!
Anyone want A-Rod?
I got the feels the blue Jays have 1 more trade in them.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Per @bnightengale, #Indians told Lucroy he would be backup C/1B/DH in 17, with Gomes regular C. Team says it simply made Lucroy no promises.
Share 49ersWebzone