There are 187 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by Janitor:
I've worn a thick wool uniform in the middle of July as a VOLUNTEER, so yeah f**k Sales.

lulz, yeah that is totally the same thing.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I've worn a thick wool uniform in the middle of July as a VOLUNTEER, so yeah f**k Sales.

Not sure what you mean, but the wool uniform is worse than any baseball uniform, and my point is if thousands of people do that for free, a dude making millions should stop being a b***h about wearing a thicker uniform for a day.

Not sure what you mean, but the wool uniform is worse than any baseball uniform, and my point is if thousands of people do that for free, a dude making millions should stop being a b***h about wearing a thicker uniform for a day.

lulz I love the do it for free thing. Athletes make so much money! f**k them for complaining! lol When people start wanting to pay to see you work or volunteer, then you can b***h about pay differences of sports athletes. The demand is there, which is why they get paid that way. He wasn't complaining about salary, he was complaining about a s**tty ass uniform that will impact his performance.

Also, although he was childish as f**k, his and the teams success depends on performance. Dude is telling the team, its heavy and uncomfortable and it will make him less effective...and the team. His success impacts his possible upcoming trade, and future earnings.

I have no issue with him being upset at that stupid ass uniform. Did you see it? It is a f**king joke. But he was immature.

lulz I love the do it for free thing. Athletes make so much money! f**k them for complaining! lol When people start wanting to pay to see you work or volunteer, then you can b***h about pay differences of sports athletes. The demand is there, which is why they get paid that way. He wasn't complaining about salary, he was complaining about a s**tty ass uniform that will impact his performance.

Also, although he was childish as f**k, his and the teams success depends on performance. Dude is telling the team, its heavy and uncomfortable and it will make him less effective...and the team. His success impacts his possible upcoming trade, and future earnings.

I have no issue with him being upset at that stupid ass uniform. Did you see it? It is a f**king joke. But he was immature.

I dont think there is a problem with Sale verbally expressing his dissatisfaction to the GM in private about the uniform. But he acted like a fool and is now basically trashing Ventura for not fighting for the team and letting them wear what he wanted. He was 100% wrong and at least it could him 250K for being stupid.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 26, 2016 at 12:59 PM ]

Agreed. It was about giving the team the best chance to win. They wouldve been at a disadvantage, all because they wanted to advertise their product.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Niners99:

Agreed. It was about giving the team the best chance to win. They wouldve been at a disadvantage, all because they wanted to advertise their product.

Yeah I mean since there are so few games every one is super important....wait...
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
lol Sale is nuts. Teams have been wearing s**tty horrible throwback jerseys for years and no one has every flipped this kind of s**t over it.

Yeah I mean since there are so few games every one is super important....wait...

lol WTF kind of attitude is that? If you lose the division by 1 game, it WAS super important.

You cant run your team out on a hot, humid day in wool flannel uniforms and honestly say you put them in the best position to win that day.

Not sure if you're familiar with the Midwest, but the humid heat there is a whole different level of hot and miserable. Pitching 7+ innings in wool on a humid summer day is a bit different than just standing outside.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

lol WTF kind of attitude is that? If you lose the division by 1 game, it WAS super important.

You cant run your team out on a hot, humid day in wool flannel uniforms and honestly say you put them in the best position to win that day.

Not sure if you're familiar with the Midwest, but the humid heat there is a whole different level of hot and miserable. Pitching 7+ innings in wool on a humid summer day is a bit different than just standing outside.

lol it was like 90 and the rain storms pushed the temps down in the 70's plus the game on Saturday was suspended and finished the next day

I'll be waiting for a player to use the excuse that he pitched like s**t because he was too sweaty.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No trade deadline news?

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by SoCold:

lol it was like 90 and the rain storms pushed the temps down in the 70's plus the game on Saturday was suspended and finished the next day

I'll be waiting for a player to use the excuse that he pitched like s**t because he was too sweaty.

Lol the uniform changed fabrics in this discussion also. Plus, I live in PA, which is a s**thole of heat and humidity. POG can back me up.
Should have made Sale pitch in these.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
No trade deadline news?

Padres "making progress" on Cashner deal

Reds "making progress" on Bruce deal

White Sox want a ton of TOP prospects for Sale

all i've heard lol
This is all happening because Sale doesn't have the sage leadership of Drake Laroche to guide him. Maybe he'll put back up the Laroche shrine at his locker.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jul 26, 2016 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by SoCold:

Lol the uniform changed fabrics in this discussion also. Plus, I live in PA, which is a s**thole of heat and humidity. POG can back me up.

At first I thought they were talking about different throwbacks, the double knit polyester ones. Those black wool flannel ones they were planning on using would be brutal.
Share 49ersWebzone