There are 227 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Looking for a couple fantasy baseball owners.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

What kind of league and $$?
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

What kind of league and $$?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/fantasy-football/184949-owners-presents-official-high-rollers-fantasy-baseball-league/

Good s**t, skeet. $50 or $60 can't remember. Not much
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Tigers pitching has been dog s**t the last week. Well season over.
Royals backup C Drew Butera slid home into MLB teammate Salvador Perez's legs in a WBC game, and Perez had to be carried off the field. He couldn't put any weight on his left knee.

This is why the WBC is stupid and pointless.
Lol Andrew Miller.
Ouch.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Ouch.

Whats up with KC on KC violence?

Sucks for Sal, but once again, the WBC has been really awesome.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Royals backup C Drew Butera slid home into MLB teammate Salvador Perez's legs in a WBC game, and Perez had to be carried off the field. He couldn't put any weight on his left knee.

This is why the WBC is stupid and pointless.

Totally agree.

• jrg
  • Veteran
yadi further proving he is a god among men in the WBC
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
what a horrible slid lol
"Kolten Wong said Sunday that he would "100 percent" rather be traded than be platooned at second base.

It was one of a host of scathing comments from Wong in the wake of Cardinals manager Mike Matheny saying Saturday that the club would consider a platoon at second base. "I honestly don't give a (censored)," Wong said when asked about the team mulling over a platoon. Wong added that he doesn't want to be "wasting my time" with the Cards if they don't have faith in him. They're words Wong probably shouldn't have aired in public, but you can understand his frustration after the club essentially committed to him as the regular second baseman this winter. That said, Wong could make it all a moot point if he simply played better. He sports an underwhelming career .248/.309/.370 batting line and entered Sunday hitting just .182/.265/.250 this spring."

lol who does he think he is? Hes a .248 career hitter with mediocre power and a bad OB%...
Originally posted by Niners99:
"Kolten Wong said Sunday that he would "100 percent" rather be traded than be platooned at second base.

It was one of a host of scathing comments from Wong in the wake of Cardinals manager Mike Matheny saying Saturday that the club would consider a platoon at second base. "I honestly don't give a (censored)," Wong said when asked about the team mulling over a platoon. Wong added that he doesn't want to be "wasting my time" with the Cards if they don't have faith in him. They're words Wong probably shouldn't have aired in public, but you can understand his frustration after the club essentially committed to him as the regular second baseman this winter. That said, Wong could make it all a moot point if he simply played better. He sports an underwhelming career .248/.309/.370 batting line and entered Sunday hitting just .182/.265/.250 this spring."

lol who does he think he is? Hes a .248 career hitter with mediocre power and a bad OB%...

Lol I like how he says "he doesn't give a f**k" or whatever...then he goes on to say other stuff that clearly shows he does in fact give a f**k
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Wongs a head case. Frustrating because he shows signs of becoming a solid player and then goes on 0-25 streaks and gets all emotional and depressed. Dudes just a weird guy.

Peralta is gonna be at 3B meaning Gyorko is gonna need ABs somewhere. Dude hit 30 HRs last year. Cardinals have given Wong every chance to take the 2B job and run with it (including a 5yr deal), but here we are.

UPDATE: Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong asked the Post-Dispatch to clarify comments he made earlier Sunday about the team considering a platoon approach to second base to start the season. His words, in full, appear below:

"That platoon word is something I don't get along with real well," Wong said. "When that came off, obviously I kind of blew off the top a little bit. Just because I've put in the work this offseason offensively, defensively, offensively, trying to figure out my swing. At spring training, we all understand we are trying to figure out something. You are trying to make sure that you are getting yourself ready for the season. My whole thing was, I just got mad at the fact, thinking, I'm over here trying to work on things, trying to get myself better. Not trying to go out here and have an amazing spring training. I'm trying to go out there and have an amazing season. To hear that was something that hit me out of left field. I didn't mean it in a bad way. I didn't mean it for me to come off seeming like I wanted to be traded or wanted to get out of this organization. I love playing for the Cardinals. If that wasn't the reason, then I never would have signed that extension. I wanted to be here for the long term. I still want to. Right now, I'm going through a rough stretch, trying to figure out my stuff. Eventually it will turn around. I'm so locked in and trying to figure my stuff out, that when I hear other stuff like that, it kind of hit me the wrong way, knowing I'm putting in all this effort and work and doing all I can to help this team win. And to hear that, it was something I wasn't expecting."
[ Edited by jrg on Mar 26, 2017 at 6:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone