There are 163 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Michael Pineda just killing it so far this season. Mariners are stupid, traded him for Jesus Montero and Adam Jones/Tillman to the O's for Erik Bedard. Talk about trades that can kill a franchise

they should fire their GM, those 2 trades are pathetic

wow lol
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Michael Pineda just killing it so far this season. Mariners are stupid, traded him for Jesus Montero and Adam Jones/Tillman to the O's for Erik Bedard. Talk about trades that can kill a franchise

I didn't like the Pineda/Montero trade (since I'm one who thinks you can NEVER have too much pitching) but, I understood the rational at the time . . .
http://compassrosy.com/2012/01/15/goodbye-beloved-diabolical-hello-reluctant-savior/

But, good for Pineda - I hope he has a long, successful career!

As for the Bedard/Tillman et all, that was a whole different, regime (Bavasi . . . the one that decimated the farm)

Didn't they trade like five prospects for Bedard? So ridiculous.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

wow lol

now we should trade them Timmy since he wants to go home and smoke weed. We can get a huge return.

As I mentioned, the trades referenced were executed by two different GM's

From what I heard and read at the time, many Yankee fans were up in arms over the trade as they loved Montero (or at least his potential) and that only escalated once Pineda was injured. So, good for them if Pineda can "make up for lost time"
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on May 11, 2015 at 4:04 PM ]

As I mentioned, the trades referenced were executed by two different GM's

From what I heard and read at the time, many Yankee fans were up in arms over the trade as they loved Montero (or at least his potential) and that only escalated once he was injured. So, good for them if Pineda can "make up for lost time"

Ya, I remember Montero, he was supposed to be a good player.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Ya, I remember Montero, he was supposed to be a good player.

He could be in the majors before we know it, he's still only 25. Hitting .333 right now in the PCL
[ Edited by Garcia on May 11, 2015 at 3:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
He could be in the majors before we know it, he's still only 25. Hitting .333 right now in the PCL

I don't think they've given up on him, yet - he seemed to regain his focus and develop a work ethic in the off season (though we need to remember to take those PCL numbers with a grain of salt )
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Damn, McCutchen looks odd without his dreads
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I don't think they've given up on him, yet - he seemed to regain his focus and develop a work ethic in the off season (though we need to remember to take those PCL numbers with a grain of salt )

With a Mike Zunino hitting below the mendoza line and the team struggling, his numbers in AAA are relevent
  • Garce
  • Veteran
My new favorite non giant

Jung Ho!
[ Edited by Garcia on May 11, 2015 at 5:20 PM ]

With a Mike Zunino hitting below the mendoza line and the team struggling, his numbers in AAA are relevent

Jesus would NOT be replacing Zunino (yes, he's struggling to the extreme AT the plate but, he is the best the M's have had BEHIND it since Wilson)
I think therein is the crux of the the problem with the trade: the Yanks knew Jesus would never be an MLB catcher, Jack Z et al thought they could make him one.

PCL numbers arent relevant when most of the stadiums in the league are bandboxes at higher altitudes. Mashing crappy AAA pitching in hitters parks is a WAY different game than hitting Major League pitching at Safeco.
[ Edited by Niners99 on May 11, 2015 at 6:25 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
PCL numbers arent relevant when most of the stadiums in the league are bandboxes at higher altitudes. Mashing crappy AAA pitching in hitters parks is a WAY different game than hitting Major League pitching at Safeco.

I'll pull a ghost

I'll pull a ghost

So I argue your point, and you call me Captain Obvious? Lets skip the step where you say things that dont make sense in the first place then.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
So I argue your point, and you call me Captain Obvious? Lets skip the step where you say things that dont make sense in the first place then.

What was my point?
Share 49ersWebzone