LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I get the bad hop thing, but I was taught as a young kid to always have my glove up to protect myself after I threw a pitch and always did it after. Is it really that difficult when you're in the pros? Serious question.

Have you glove up when the ball is rolling to you?
  • jrg
  • Veteran

[ Edited by jrg on Mar 20, 2014 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I get the bad hop thing, but I was taught as a young kid to always have my glove up to protect myself after I threw a pitch and always did it after. Is it really that difficult when you're in the pros? Serious question.

After you threw a pitch? Are you talking about Chapman's injury? No way anyone is going to throw 100+ MPH and protect themselves against a shot up the middle that is going faster than it came to the plate. As someone who pitched for years I feel very fortunate that I never got nailed in the head.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
After you threw a pitch? Are you talking about Chapman's injury? No way anyone is going to throw 100+ MPH and protect themselves against a shot up the middle that is going faster than it came to the plate. As someone who pitched for years I feel very fortunate that I never got nailed in the head.

He wasn't talking about chapman
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Was about Dietrich. Still don't understand keeping your glove up on a rolling ball.

If bouncing, sure. Was rolling and I guess hit a clump of dirt/rock it looked like.
He was obviously talking about chapman and NinerJohn was on the money lolwat
Originally posted by jrg:

lol wasnt even close
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Iglesias may miss entire season with stress fractures
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/det/tigers-shortstop-jose-iglesias-may-miss-entire-season-with-stress-fractures?ymd=20140320&content_id=69695224&vkey=news_det

well there goes the season
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Nationals have a player named Will Piwnica-Worms. Lol

Originally posted by valrod33:
Damn. Someone else hit in the face. Watching MIA/STL. Marlins 2B gets a bad hop and it comes up and hits him in the face.

Blood

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick #Marlins 2B Derek Dietrich just took a bad hop grounder off the face. Scary moment. He's walking off the field to clubhouse.

Face masks in 2015
Nationals have a player named Will Piwnica-Worms. Lol

I hope he wins the MVP. lol
Aroldis CHapman

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Aroldis CHapman

Damn thats some scary s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone