LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by vrabbit:
what is this ferretry about eliminating shifts? I already hate the new commish.

Such a stupid idea. I really hope it doesn't happen.

Just idiotic. How about training hitters to bunt and hit the other way. Dumbest idea ever
  • jrg
  • Veteran
He wants to do it to improve the # of runs scored, but I still think its dumb. Maybe next we should require pitchers to throw one fastball down the middle for each batter.

Its a strategy that is a proven defensive strategy for some guys. No need to change it.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by jrg:
He wants to do it to improve the # of runs scored, but I still think its dumb. Maybe next we should require pitchers to throw one fastball down the middle for each batter.

Its a strategy that is a proven defensive strategy for some guys. No need to change it.

wut about a guy who can't hit a curve ball you can only throw him fastballs
lolz

baseball better not go all hockey and start changing rules to score more runs. You know how you beat the shift? How about hit the other way or lay down a nice bunt. I personally never understood why a batter would try to beat the shift by hitting into it.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

baseball better not go all hockey and start changing rules to score more runs. You know how you beat the shift? How about hit the other way or lay down a nice bunt. I personally never understood why a batter would try to beat the shift by hitting into it.

yeah man that's the greatness about the strategy of baseball. Some dudes just aren't good enough to hit where they want. Take a right handed batter who has a slow reaction to fastballs and usually hits to the first base side 90% of the time. Put the shift on and throw him fastball outside.
RIP Mr. Cub
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lol puig

Dodgers' Puig on Cardinals: 'I dream about them every day'

There no longer is any doubt: The Cardinals have gotten into Yasiel Puig's head.

Even in January, the Dodgers' mercurial outfielder can't get the team with the Birds on the Bat across their chests out of his mind.

"I dream about them every day," Puig told Los Angeles reporters at a benefit luncheon last week. "If we can beat them, we can win the World Series. We have to pass through them. They're our principal rivals, not San Francisco, not anyone else."

link
[ Edited by jrg on Feb 2, 2015 at 5:03 PM ]
lol puig

There no longer is any doubt: The Cardinals have gotten into Yasiel Puig's head.

Even in January, the Dodgers' mercurial outfielder can't get the team with the Birds on the Bat across their chests out of his mind.

"I dream about them every day," Puig told Los Angeles reporters at a benefit luncheon last week. "If we can beat them, we can win the World Series. We have to pass through them. They're our principal rivals, not San Francisco, not anyone else."

link

Its the battle for 2nd place in the NL!

Big talk for a guy who crapped his pants in the playoffs...
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol puig

link

Its the battle for 2nd place in the NL!

Big talk for a guy who crapped his pants in the playoffs...

Its an odd year, they will be battling for first

• jrg
  • Veteran
just got this email

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale

Josh Hamilton, the #Angels $125 million man goes down again, needing shoulder surgery, keeping him out all of spring training
JoeNotSoCool for the twitter reports. Its like Rob Deja Vous.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
James Shields to the Padres

Dodgers and Padres battle will be interesting!
James Shields to the Padres

Dodgers and Padres battle will be interesting!

Giants in for 1 hell of a fight.
Share 49ersWebzone