There are 217 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
The GOAT

Shame he had so many injuries

Its was kind of his own fault though. Dude didnt know how to stay healthy. He was far too reckless in the OF.

Some guys dont understand that the out you might not get to is a better option than diving into a wall to make the catch, but then missing the next month.

its also part of what made him great tho. couldnt imagine him not going 110%. double edged sword

Staying healthy is a skill though. You have to know when to go for it, and when to let it go. He hurt his team by going on the DL from slamming into walls trying to be a hero all the time.

He was an incredible talent, but I dont really feel sorry for him for having an injury stunted career.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
agreed. i got to see him in triple A in like 92 or 93 when he was up here playing for the vancouver canadians. we were the angles affiliate then so i got to see alot of those guys from the 02 title team in their younger years like garret anderson, darrin erstad, tim salmon etc.

Never forget.

[ Edited by jrg on Dec 28, 2014 at 1:34 AM ]
The GOAT

Shame he had so many injuries

Its was kind of his own fault though. Dude didnt know how to stay healthy. He was far too reckless in the OF.

Some guys dont understand that the out you might not get to is a better option than diving into a wall to make the catch, but then missing the next month.

its also part of what made him great tho. couldnt imagine him not going 110%. double edged sword

Staying healthy is a skill though. You have to know when to go for it, and when to let it go. He hurt his team by going on the DL from slamming into walls trying to be a hero all the time.

He was an incredible talent, but I dont really feel sorry for him for having an injury stunted career.

He should've taken better care of himself. He was amazing during his prime and when you look at his career his numbers are amazing but he could've been even better. You can't really complain about a career like his, but it would've been awesome to see him get to Hank Aaron. I guess he's kinda similar to Mickey Mantle in that way. Amazing player that could've been the best if not for injuries and extracurricular activities like Mantle's drinking and Griffey's laziness. Bonds and Mays FTW!

Btw, am I the only one that thinks Jim Edmonds has one of the most underrated swings ever?
The GOAT

***LIKE***

Another Seattle athlete that gave 110% on the field and less so to the media . . . .
Maybe it'a a #24 thing
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Seth Smith to Mariners
Originally posted by jrg:
Seth Smith to Mariners

CHAMPIONSHIP
The New York Yankees have traded Manny Banuelos to the Atlanta Braves for David Carpenter and Chasen Shreve.

How are they Val?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

Source: #WhiteSox and Emilio Bonifacio agree to one year, $4 million contract.
The New York Yankees have traded Manny Banuelos to the Atlanta Braves for David Carpenter and Chasen Shreve.

How are they Val?

Carpenter is good, SHreve is still young but he looked good last year, they will help
Originally posted by valrod33:

How are they Val?

Carpenter is good, SHreve is still young but he looked good last year, they will help

Awesome to hear! Hopefully Banuelos can stay healthy for you guys. Injury bug has plagued him his whole career.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Ken Rosenthal speculates the ‪#‎STLCards‬ are in on James Shields, who already has one 5 year/$110M offer on the table.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Yahoo Sports ‏@YahooSports

The 2015 Baseball Hall of Fame inductees are in. They are: Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, John Smoltz and Craig Biggio. More to come. #HOF
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
All well worthy
Originally posted by jrg:
All well worthy

absolute Beast HOF class
Share 49ersWebzone