There are 187 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by IT21:
There are rumors that the Padres might flip Wil Meyers for Cole Hamels

Lol they'd be f**king retarded to do that. They need pitching, but Wil Myers is the real deal.

I'll take it

Lol they'd be f**king retarded to do that. They need pitching, but Wil Myers is the real deal.

I dont think that its retarded.

Hamels
Cashner
Ross
Kennedy
Morrow

I like Myers too but to get a guy like Hamels would be huge for the Padres. Plus, they still have Venable, Seth Smith, and Maybin that could play along side Kemp and Upton. I think it makes them much more dangerous in 2015 anyway.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Hamels
Cashner
Ross
Kennedy
Morrow

I like Myers too but to get a guy like Hamels would be huge for the Padres. Plus, they still have Venable, Seth Smith, and Maybin that could play along side Kemp and Upton. I think it makes them much more dangerous in 2015 anyway.

Yeah, good point. If Smith can duplicate what he done last season I might be for it. They need pitching. Dodgers are loaded and Giants are always pesky. Just have a hard time trading Myers. Still amazed the Rays moved him.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Knowledge:
I'll take it

Of course you would. You KNOW Hamels is gonna be moved, might as well get some one like Myers.

Hamels
Cashner
Ross
Kennedy
Morrow

Yeah, good point. If Smith can duplicate what he done last season I might be for it. They need pitching. Dodgers are loaded and Giants are always pesky. Just have a hard time trading Myers. Still amazed the Rays moved him.

I was not happy when Myers got traded and to know the Giants didnt go hard for him. He would have been a perfect guy in LF for us. I would have traded Crick and a couple of other prospects for him.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Hamels
Cashner
Ross
Kennedy
Morrow

I was not happy when Myers got traded and to know the Giants didnt go hard for him. He would have been a perfect guy in LF for us. I would have traded Crick and a couple of other prospects for him.

Don't blame ya. I'd even consider him in the Cardinals crowded outfield situation. Never imagined he'd be traded. For a team like the Rays that are struggling to find a identity/city to play in, he seems like he would be a driving factor and THE guy for that.

Petco to Citizens Bank? Within our division to outside the division? Yes please...

Hamels
Cashner
Ross
Kennedy
Morrow

Don't blame ya. I'd even consider him in the Cardinals crowded outfield situation. Never imagined he'd be traded. For a team like the Rays that are struggling to find a identity/city to play in, he seems like he would be a driving factor and THE guy for that.

lol the OF wouldnt be crowded for long if the Cards got Myers. They would politely hand Matt Holliday his walker and help him to the door.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Petco to Citizens Bank? Within our division to outside the division? Yes please...

FANTASY TEAMS UNITE!

FANTASY TEAMS UNITE!

If you guys had traded for Myers, do you think he and Grichuk wouldve bonded over missing an "L" in their first name? Then youd just need Welington Castillo to make a club.

• jrg
  • Veteran

FANTASY TEAMS UNITE!

If you guys had traded for Myers, do you think he and Grichuk wouldve bonded over missing an "L" in their first name? Then youd just need Welington Castillo to make a club.

IF we traded for Myers, Grichuk would have been moved. He would be the main piece of the deal. Never had Taveras potential, but has pretty impressive pop and incredible defense. Drafted just ahead of Mike Trout. Just a matter of time til he takes over for Jon Jay...but Jon continues to hit everything lately, so it is hard to not play him.

FANTASY TEAMS UNITE!

IF we traded for Myers, Grichuk would have been moved. He would be the main piece of the deal. Never had Taveras potential, but has pretty impressive pop and incredible defense. Drafted just ahead of Mike Trout. Just a matter of time til he takes over for Jon Jay...but Jon continues to hit everything lately, so it is hard to not play him.

lol do you honestly believe Grichuk is good enough to have been the main return in a Wil Myers deal? Myers was a top 3 prospect in baseball, and won ROY.

Grichuk being drafted ahead of Mike Trout is his only real "accomplishment" thus far. Hes never even been in a Baseball America top 100 list, and the highest he was ranked was the Angels 6th best prospect. Hes not worth nearly as much as you think.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

FANTASY TEAMS UNITE!

lol do you honestly believe Grichuk is good enough to have been the main return in a Wil Myers deal? Myers was a top 3 prospect in baseball, and won ROY.

Grichuk being drafted ahead of Mike Trout is his only real "accomplishment" thus far. Hes never even been in a Baseball America top 100 list, and the highest he was ranked was the Angels 6th best prospect. Hes not worth nearly as much as you think.

Uhh...Yeah? Look at what the Padres gave up. Lol

I'm sure the Padres would LOVE him in that deal. Plus..regardless of his limited accomplishments at such a young age, he would instantly be a starter in LF for the World Series Champions. Crazy how the MLB works out.

FANTASY TEAMS UNITE!

Uhh...Yeah? Look at what the Padres gave up. Lol

I'm sure the Padres would LOVE him in that deal. Plus..regardless of his limited accomplishments at such a young age, he would instantly be a starter in LF for the World Series Champions. Crazy how the MLB works out.
Have to agree on this point.
Nice to see some perennial non-contenders making some nice moves this off-season. Next year will be another fun, long year of baseball
Share 49ersWebzone