There are 192 users in the forums

2014 Oakland Athletics Thread

I wish he did, honestly. Would have been entertaining considering a loss seems inevitable anyway.
Originally posted by captveg:
I wish he did, honestly. Would have been entertaining considering a loss seems inevitable anyway.

A's with a grand total of 1 base hit since the 1st inning.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Apr 9, 2014 at 1:34 PM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Now 2!
Three-run shat
THANK YOU DE-NO!
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Now 2!

Norris and A's fans can thank me later for the "reverse-jinx" I put on the team.
Changes that we need to make
Send Reddick down to AAA and play Gentry once he comes back
Do anything where Jim Johnson doesn't pitch when it's important
Make Norris our every day catcher

championship
I will begrundingly credit Barton for working a walk...but still want him GONE. But is looking like it will be Reddick who gets optioned, he's a great RF but he sucks at the plate right now...he had no business missing so badly on a 91mph 3-2 fastball that couldn't have been put on a tee any nicer. Of course I'm referring to his most recent K of the game, which would be his FOURTH.
Thankfully the game is over with a W.
Originally posted by IT21:
Changes that we need to make
Send Reddick down to AAA and play Gentry once he comes back
Do anything where Jim Johnson doesn't pitch when it's important
Make Norris our every day catcher

championship

Norris should start against all LHP and get 50% of the starts against RHP. Jaso can take the other 50% and DH/1B to spot Moss/Callaspo after Barton is optioned.
[ Edited by captveg on Apr 9, 2014 at 2:02 PM ]

We have an, 'Oakland Raiders Suck', thread...can we start up an, 'Oakland A's Suck', thread? I mean come on...if you like the Niners you also like the SF Giants. If you like the Raiders, you also like the A's and that s**thole they both play in. It's pretty simple and straightforward to me - you either like the SF teams or you like the East Bay teams. (Exception: The Warriors as they're the only NBA team in our area).
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
We have an, 'Oakland Raiders Suck', thread...can we start up an, 'Oakland A's Suck', thread? I mean come on...if you like the Niners you also like the SF Giants. If you like the Raiders, you also like the A's and that s**thole they both play in. It's pretty simple and straightforward to me - you either like the SF teams or you like the East Bay teams. (Exception: The Warriors as they're the only NBA team in our area).

O.k., I'm only half-serious here to be honest. I know there are a lot of fellow Niners fans who for whatever reason also like the A's as their baseball team. I'd be curious if we ever had a poll, though, on how the Bay Area sports allegiances line up for fans of the pro teams.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Apr 9, 2014 at 2:33 PM ]

k

Top-shelf logic, a truly high-quality post...more please.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Apr 9, 2014 at 2:45 PM ]
Originally posted by IT21:

k

It's the NFL offseason...most boring time of the year is now before the draft, which is still another four weeks away. MLB, NBA, NHL, etc., are all just time-fillers until the NFL preseason and regular season starts back up.
Share 49ersWebzone