There are 191 users in the forums

2014 Oakland Athletics Thread

Fuld is a terrible base runner
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Apr 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM ]
Looked like he got his finger on the base a split second before the tag, but I can see not feeling it was conclusive and letting the call stand. Outright confirmed is a bit much, IMO. Think I would have saved the challenge though.
I'd like to see Sonny throw more curves.
Originally posted by captveg:
Looked like he got his finger on the base a split second before the tag, but I can see not feeling it was conclusive and letting the call stand. Outright confirmed is a bit much, IMO. Think I would have saved the challenge though.

Yeah it was really close. I just don't know why he was looking to stretch it there. It's not like the ball got that far from the center fielder. Oh well.
Fuld with a great catch and the assist at 3rd earlier. So making up for the bad baserunning somewhat with that.
Fuld with a great catch and the assist at 3rd earlier. So making up for the bad baserunning somewhat with that.

Id seriously rather start Fuld over Reddick right now
Reddick has been horrible thus far. If his defense wasn't good he probably wouldn't play at all.
Reddick or Barton? Who's gonna be sent down once Gentry comes back off the DL? Fuld stays. Moss needs to play Everyday.

While Barton sucks, that's kinda what we expected out of him EVERY season that he's been in an A's uniform. But Reddick's bat is just so disappointing.
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Reddick or Barton? Who's gonna be sent down once Gentry comes back off the DL? Fuld stays. Moss needs to play Everyday.

While Barton sucks, that's kinda what we expected out of him EVERY season that he's been in an A's uniform. But Reddick's bat is just so disappointing.

Barton 100%. Reddick has at least a chance of turning it around. Barton is a scrub and taking at bats away from moss.

Replay seemed like the ball was fair to me. Either way it should not take that long to look at it.
Moss is hot!

Donaldson and Reddick also have RBIs so far this game. Good to see both doing better.
Replay seemed like the ball was fair to me. Either way it should not take that long to look at it.

either way, runs
Good win. Also good to let Cook get the rust off with a big lead there.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by DaDDieO:

Barton 100%. Reddick has at least a chance of turning it around. Barton is a scrub and taking at bats away from moss.

I've said that the A's are going to have to make a decision on Reddick if he keeps struggling, but if a move comes down to him or Barton then it's Barton who needs to go, and it ain't even close. Billy Beane fancies Barton as some defensive wizard, and at one point he might have been, but now I don't think he's anything special, and certainly nothing that warrants keeping his sub-.100 a** on this team.

Moss has been improving at 1B, I'd like to see him play every day and give a chance vs. lefties, but Melvin is wed to the idea of lefty/righty and the platoon at 1B. Get rid of Barton, play Moss at 1B, back him up with Callaspo and maybe even see if Fuld can play 1B...but bottom line is would like to see more ABs for Moss and Callaspo, and zero for Barton.
Share 49ersWebzone