LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

2014 Oakland Athletics Thread

Originally posted by jrg:

Ya, he's awesome. Wish we had him for longer than a year
From the Putting Lipstick On A Pig Dept, FINALLY getting some real/modern video boards...stadium is still a pit, but at least it won't have some old 80's vintage TV screen and dot-matrix aux scoreboards.

http://clubhouseconfidential.mlblogs.com/2015/01/28/o-co-coliseum-scoreboard-construction-underway/
A's signed Zito
Originally posted by gato80:
A's signed Zito

Typical Beane move. No risk involved so why not do it. If he doesn't show anything useful then cut him like they did with Manny and Blanton. If he does, then cool.

My guess would be he doesn't make a single start for us
Originally posted by IT21:
A's signed Zito

Typical Beane move. No risk involved so why not do it. If he doesn't show anything useful then cut him like they did with Manny and Blanton. If he does, then cool.

My guess would be he doesn't make a single start for us

Agreed, although I hope that he does well.
at least he gets to finish his career with the A's.

Oakland's kind of like a revival spa for pitchers. Kazmir was thought to be done, Colon pretty much was done and they worked out. Zito could as well and be a decent back of the rotation guy, but if not, it really doesnt cost the A's anything.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Oakland's kind of like a revival spa for pitchers. Kazmir was thought to be done, Colon pretty much was done and they worked out. Zito could as well and be a decent back of the rotation guy, but if not, it really doesnt cost the A's anything.

It's going to be tough for him to make the team. A lot of talent in the back end of the rotation. You never know though.
ummm..is jim harbaugh right now the 1st base coach for the A's? im watching the spring training game between my Angels and the A's, and Harbaugh is the 1st base coach lol. i guess its a one game thing
Well I guess sometime soon need to figure out who's on this team now....and has Coco Crisp aggravated/pulled/broken anything yet?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

A German stem cell procedure not legal in the US had everything to do with Bartolo Colon's new found success, not so much the A's.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Well I guess sometime soon need to figure out who's on this team now....and has Coco Crisp aggravated/pulled/broken anything yet?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/athletics/x-rays-inconclusive-crisp-have-mri-right-triceps

I'm hoping that Coco in LF will help him stay healthy. If for no other reason, maybe less diving involved.

It'll be important to find some viable LF options this spring.
Originally posted by zonkers:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/athletics/x-rays-inconclusive-crisp-have-mri-right-triceps

I'm hoping that Coco in LF will help him stay healthy. If for no other reason, maybe less diving involved.

It'll be important to find some viable LF options this spring.

Ha, I was halfway joking but already he's getting nicked up. And Beane should've started looking for viable options after 2013 season, Crisp has always been brittle and after one of his highest games-played totals they had to know the injury bug would catch back up with him and it did in 2014.
bump

Why does this thread never get pinned?

Oh yeah, cuz the old mods were Giants bandwagon slurpers
Originally posted by TheRambler:
bump

Why does this thread never get pinned?

Oh yeah, cuz the old mods were Giants bandwagon slurpers

The Giants have territorial rights over the zone, so there can't be a sticky thread owned by the A's.
[ Edited by zonkers on Mar 18, 2015 at 5:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone