LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

2014 Oakland Athletics Thread

The A's are just trying to lose games now...bases loaded, no outs in the 8th, and they don't score a run. Then they give up SIX runs in the 9th. Didn't watch, just checked the live score online now and again, and once I saw they didn't score in the 8th I knew they were going to lose.

Feel sorry for Samardzija...he's really only had one terrible outing since he got traded, other than that has been a stud, but too bad for him he ended up going from one s**t team to another, bet he can't wait to get dealt in the offseason and I don't blame him. And at least the Cubs have hope with the ton of prospects they have...unless they A's spend some money (ha ha, I know) then they are looking at one of those 4-5 year stretches of being mediocre at best, and most likely will be plain awful, like 90-losses type bad.
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Seattle x 1

OFF DAY before coming home

Rangers x 3
Phillies x 3
Angels x 3

Fly to Texas

Rangers x 4

14 games to clinch a playoff spot. I think that we're ok man. Really have to take advantage of the long homestand.

10-4 should do it.

Sure 10-4 would do do the trick, but after what you've seen since Aug 1st do you actually think this team has a prayer of going 10-4?
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Seattle x 1

OFF DAY before coming home

Rangers x 3
Phillies x 3
Angels x 3

Fly to Texas

Rangers x 4

14 games to clinch a playoff spot. I think that we're ok man. Really have to take advantage of the long homestand.

10-4 should do it.

Sure 10-4 would do do the trick, but after what you've seen since Aug 1st do you actually think this team has a prayer of going 10-4?

The best thing the A's have going for them is that all the other teams in the WC race are sucking too. Last 10 games:

KC 4-6
Seattle 3-7
Clev 4-6

My guess is the A's will hold on for a WC game. They just better hope its against KC and not Seattle and Felix.
Just end the season already.
RIP

2014 Oakland A's
I'm not an A's fan but you guys must not be either. Even after today you are 1.5 games up on Seattle with just 9 to go. Makes me laugh with the RIP stuff.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'm not an A's fan but you guys must not be either. Even after today you are 1.5 games up on Seattle with just 9 to go. Makes me laugh with the RIP stuff.

A's are ice cold. They can very easily lose the wild card spot if they are not careful.
[ Edited by Eli_23 on Sep 18, 2014 at 3:22 PM ]

It is a crime against humanity that a team can be this bad--and I mean they suck on a HISTORIC level--and yet, somehow, not only are they in play for a WC spot, they are in line to be the home team. At this point it's just a matter of which of these WC-contender teams will suck less over the last 10 games.
Best record in Baseball from April to August 9th

Worst record in baseball since August 9th.

They literally went from being the best team to being the worst team.

That's historic.

You are right. We aren't fans. We just waste time posting about the A's with 5 other dudes on a 49ers site.
What hurts is how good we were lol
I seriously thought we were going to the World Series before our collapse

now we might not even get a WC spot
And we don't even have Addison Russel to look forward to anymore
f**king beane
Originally posted by socalfan21:

You are right. We aren't fans. We just waste time posting about the A's with 5 other dudes on a 49ers site.

Well.. you do want the season to end already.
Well.. you do want the season to end already.

Have you watched the games? (Serious question I'm not trying to be a dick). This team is playing as bad as I've ever seen a team play this last month.

It's crazy how good they were and how terrible they are now. A win in June/July was just another day and it felt like a loss barely came once a week. Now a loss is a daily thing and a win feels like it comes once a week

Obviously I'm rooting for them to get in the playoffs and make a run, but the last month and a half have been agonizing
Share 49ersWebzone