LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

2014 Oakland Athletics Thread

That coco play is the definition of our season post Cespedes. Angels about to take a 3 game lead.
Gosh, if only the A's had a guy with some pop and a lock for 100 RBI they could bat like 3rd or 4th in the lineup...anyone know if Lester can hit?

Wonder if Billy Beane would be such an arrogant p**ck now if reporter asked him the same question he did back after the trade, something like "are you worried about the offense without Cespedes", and then Beane very smugly answers "you know we're the highest scoring team in baseball, right?" Funny how no one talks about that monster run differential any more.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Beane got really trade happy, he should of just left it alone after the cubs trade
This team deserves to miss the postseason entirely. I ****ing DESPISE this team. How does a team go from the being the most entertaining baseball team for nearly two years to the worst, unwatchable team I can ever recall in two months??! America will be lucky to not have to sit through watching this ****pile in the postseason. I know I will.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 29, 2014 at 10:43 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
This team deserves to miss the postseason entirely. I ****ing DESPISE this team. How does a team go from the being the most entertaining baseball team for nearly two years to the worst, unwatchable team I can ever recall in two months??! America will be lucky to not have to sit through watching this ****pile in the postseason. I know I will.

Welcome to the giants this year lol
You fans are in denial.

Reddick is garbage. Had one good half in his career.

Moss has never been an everyday player.

Norris has never been an everyday player.

2b is a joke.

So is SS

Donaldson gas been mediocre since before the break. Shows flashes, but hitting in the what? .240s?

Coco is solid but injury prone.

Who is on left? Vogt? That's right, y'all believe in him.

Let's move on:

Gray has never pitched a full season.

Kazmir was garbage, when is he gonna turn back into a pumpkin? Recently apparently. Dudes been awful last 5 or so weeks.

Shark has one above good full season. Never been an ace. Only had an era under 3 once as a starter.

Doolittle hurt. Can he carry as a closer?

Listen, I like the A's, but long term it hasn't ever been sustainable.

Angels are much more talented.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
You fans are in denial.

2b is a joke.

So is SS

Donaldson gas been mediocre since before the break. Shows flashes, but hitting in the what? .240s?

Let's move on:

Kazmir was garbage, when is he gonna turn back into a pumpkin? Recently apparently. Dudes been awful last 5 or so weeks.

Shark has one above good full season. Never been an ace. Only had an era under 3 once as a starter.

Too funny, dude thinks he's split the atom or something...so seriously, the Angels are more talented???? Holy S**T, I NEVER would've figured that out on my own....WOW, thanks Baseball Genius for telling anyone who's not a homer and with half a brain what they already know. Funny though how this cast of scrubs has managed to win 2 consecutive ALW titles ahead of big-money teams, and was headed towards a third with the best record in baseball before their GM outsmarted himself and traded away the anchor of this team, lineup and chemistry-wise. But the best part is your not-condescending-at-all "Listen, I like the A's"....oh, thank you, THANK YOU for all your wisdom and that pat on the back, it will be cherished forever.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Too funny, dude thinks he's split the atom or something...so seriously, the Angels are more talented???? Holy S**T, I NEVER would've figured that out on my own....WOW, thanks Baseball Genius for telling anyone who's not a homer and with half a brain what they already know. Funny though how this cast of scrubs has managed to win 2 consecutive ALW titles ahead of big-money teams, and was headed towards a third with the best record in baseball before their GM outsmarted himself and traded away the anchor of this team, lineup and chemistry-wise. But the best part is your not-condescending-at-all "Listen, I like the A's"....oh, thank you, THANK YOU for all your wisdom and that pat on the back, it will be cherished forever.

Typical answer. But I've been hearing Donaldson mvp talks. Kazmir and gray Cy young talks. Moss mvp talks. Shark is an ace talk.

I've been saying since June that it wasn't sustainable. I'm just referring to fans who are so surprised by this drop I'm production.

Yeah they won two division titles because the angles were hurt and the rangers choked.

A's are talented and fun. But trading away your two biggest chips in Russell and yo is crazy. Hope it works though
You fans are in denial.

2b is a joke.

So is SS

Let's move on:

The offense you can joke about but the pitching has still been amazing. The A's have zero hitting which is why they look like a minor league team.
0% faith that we'll win the division
We might take a wild card spot but even if we do we'll get shut out by either King Felix or David Price.

This team isnt doing s**t this year. Seasons over
and im not kidding

Originally posted by IT21:
We might take a wild card spot but even if we do we'll get shut out by either King Felix or David Price.

and im not kidding

Yeah I'm starting to feel that way as well. As much as us A's fans don't want to admit it... Beane f**ked us this year. No two ways around it.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by IT21:

and im not kidding

Yeah I'm starting to feel that way as well. As much as us A's fans don't want to admit it... Beane f**ked us this year. No two ways around it.

He built the best team in the league and brought it down himself.
He got too cute. He shoulda just traded Russell/McKinney, or any prospect to upgrade our team. But should've kept Cespy. It's changed our offense way too much

Like I said before, if we traded Russell//McKinney for Lester and a decent, serviceable middle infielder I woulda loved it.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
As much as I want to believe this is just a slump, I think our offense really is this bad and will continue scoring at a Padres pace. Cespedes' absence can't explain this. The guy isn't worth 20 win shares. This is more about statistical deviations reverting to the norm.
Typical answer. But I've been hearing Donaldson mvp talks. Kazmir and gray Cy young talks. Moss mvp talks. Shark is an ace talk.

I've been saying since June that it wasn't sustainable. I'm just referring to fans who are so surprised by this drop I'm production.

Yeah they won two division titles because the angles were hurt and the rangers choked.

A's are talented and fun. But trading away your two biggest chips in Russell and yo is crazy. Hope it works though

I agree with a lot of what you said but you kinda stated the obvious.
I never believed in Reddick, dude's a scrub
We know Moss isnt an every day player, Norris can be in the future but isnt right now.
We know Samardzija has never been an ace, but he's a power pitcher and an innings eater and before we added Lester we didnt have a pitcher like that.
Gray will be a stud, he's a fine #2 pitcher right now.

and Donaldson is a stud, ya he was hitting .240 at the all star break, but he was on a ridiculously cold spell for a month before it. but he's been hitting over .300 with an ops over .950 since the all star break. Obviously Trout will win MVP, but Donaldson was 4th in MVP voting for a reason last year and he probably will be 3rd this year after Trout and Cano.
  • Veteran
4-14 since the trade, thank you BB. he took the life out of this team by trading Cespedes.
Share 49ersWebzone