There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Oakland Athletics Thread

#championship
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Good game by smardija. Still don't like giving up Russell for him since he's not an ace and Russell was the cornerstone player of our next rebuild.

As for chavez and pomeranz I could see them alternating starts and also giving gray a couple extra days rest on occasion.

Idk why you keep saying that, he is an ace type pitcher and was an ace in Chicago. This isn't his first season with a era in the 2s. If he played anywhere else he would have way more wins and all his numbers would improve. And it was obvious he hated playing in Chicago with a team that is terrible and underachieving

Yes technically you're right as he had an era a couple ticks below 3 as a full time reliever...

However he's never been an ace previous to this year as a starter and his peripherals don't look all that different than his previous seasons just more luck than anything. He's a solid pitcher a #3 on a championship caliber team which is nothing to sneeze at.however I'm not giving up a top 10 prospect in the minors for that though.
Mills DFA'd. Not too surprising. Hopefully he clears and the A's can stash him at Sacramento.

Johnson still on the team, and Beane probably has until the end of July to figure out a team that will take him that has no way of hurting the A's. I can see him not wanting to DFA him in case the Angels or Mariners pick him up, fix him, and then he pitches great against Oakland. That would be worse than having him be a rarely/never-used black hole in the bullpen. Maybe he can be a part of a package to get a 2B before the trading deadline.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

#championship

I know it is not the case, but it looks like Harbs pissed himself
Interesting comment from Scott Ostler's latest article.

All that voting and squabbling in Oakland means nothing. One source close to San Jose's lawsuit against Major League Baseball assures me the case will be settled out of court within six months, paving the way for the A's to skip to San Jose.

http://www.sfgate.com/athletics/ostler/article/Oakland-caves-in-to-Selig-s-hollow-threats-5602021.php
Callaspo is a LOB machine...seems like he's got about 50 in the past few games.

#championship

Hmm...at the Giants game he wore a 49er hat.
Still waiting for Chavez to turn back into a pumpkin, but he just keeps chugging along. Let's see what his numbers are like by the end of the season but seems like another trash-heap turd polished into a gem by the miracle worker Curt Young. (Maybe turd wasn't the best word choice but its the best I could think of right now).
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

#championship

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

#championship

Relax...I know you're the defender of Giants Universe, but I'm only joking around. There are some of us who like both teams.
Sonny Gray is on that ace pitching time tonight.
So is this team ready for the WS or not?
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
So is this team ready for the WS or not?

Not until they can beat Verlander in a Game 5.

First things first, Angels are red-hot and don't sleep on the....Seattle Mariners?
uh-oh, Crisp just laid out for a ball...expect him to miss the next few games.

Hammel not looking real sharp...my prediction was A's win 3/4 of this series, and this might be the game they lose.
Cespedes-Moss-Donaldson all struggling concurrently hopefully doesn't continue. Especially Donaldson. Slump is over a month old now.