There are 122 users in the forums

2014 Oakland Athletics Thread

Yeah, the Moss thing is infuriating. Melvin overthinks his hand with the lefty/righty matchups too much. Moss is more of a left-handed version of Donaldson/Cespedes than a true platoon left-handed bat, IMO. I mean, he has Reddick bat against lefty pitchers all the time - why platoon Moss and not Reddick??
[ Edited by captveg on Apr 23, 2014 at 3:21 PM ]
Anything less than taking 3 of 4 from the Astros will be a failure.
Originally posted by captveg:
Yeah, the Moss thing is infuriating. Melvin overthinks his hand with the lefty/righty matchups too much. Moss is more of a left-handed version of Donaldson/Cespedes than a true platoon left-handed bat, IMO. I mean, he has Reddick bat against lefty pitchers all the time - why platoon Moss and not Reddick??

Agree, don't get the love affair and patience with Reddick and then turn around and deny Moss the chance to see more lefties.

Moss has proven himself....dude hit 30 HRs last year in a PLATOON, his HR:AB of something like 1:14.50 was one of the best in the league. So this is the season you let this guy get 500+ ABs. Yeah, if he goes into some prolonged 2 for 30 slump you sit him, but otherwise he's EARNED his shot to play every day.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
A's need to move to Sacramento
I'm from Sacramento (Roseville), and the area cannot support MLB. It's a one trick pony (Government).
Hey, Moss is starting against a lefty. Hopefully a sign of Melvin waking up to playing him every day and not just a fluke.

Also, no way Donaldson doesnt make the All-Star game this year barring a sudden change in his offensive trend or injury, especially with Cabrera now at 1st.
Originally posted by captveg:
I'm from Sacramento (Roseville), and the area cannot support MLB. It's a one trick pony (Government).

grass valley could support them
Holy **** Donaldson! My goodness.
I guess for the A's if there's a cure for getting swept and shutout, it's immediately starting a series vs. the Astros. As I said yesterday, 3 of 4 is the minimum.
Where the hell was this scoring output in the last series?

Our defense it probably the worst in the majors. And it's mostly the infield's doing. Where is the accountability? We have two offensive black holes playing extensive innings in Sogard and Barton for defensive purposes and our infield defense STILL sucks.
LOL
Eh, one bad throw by Donaldson as the only bad defense tonight. It was costly, but the first bad throw he's had all season (his other errors were fielding ones IIRC).
Bullpen choked AGAIN yesterday, and again it was Doolittle...with as much as this has happened this year, my hope that's just a short rough patch is fading fast, this is really starting to look like a trend where all season it's going to be a 50/50 proposition if the pen can hold a lead/tie.
Our record is deceiving. We are playing very average baseball and the back end of our rotation sucks. We have a hard time scoring runs and our bullpen is a mess. I hope we can turn it around.
Share 49ersWebzone