LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

2014 Oakland Athletics Thread

Only following online, not TV or radio, see that Straily at 100 pitches so he's done...maybe run Johnson out there in the 8th?
Cook coming in for the 8th. Johnson probably has the day off after all the pitches yesterday.
[ Edited by captveg on Apr 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM ]
Who's pitching 8th?...okay, Cook, saw your edit.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Apr 10, 2014 at 12:35 PM ]
Yeah, sorry about that typo. Abad in the 9th with a 5-run lead, BTW.
Originally posted by captveg:

Small sample size, but Abad looking good so far. If Johnson can get it turned around then this bullpen will be positively filthy.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by captveg:

Small sample size, but Abad looking good so far. If Johnson can get it turned around then this bullpen will be positively filthy.

Even if Johnson doesn't we still have O'Flaherty coming back. We will be fine with or without Johnson.
God Felix f**king owns this team.

EVERY SINGLE TIME WE PLAY HIM WE LOSE
Originally posted by IT21:
God Felix f**king owns this team.

EVERY SINGLE TIME WE PLAY HIM WE LOSE

Cry some more ISHMAEL
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Cry some more ISHMAEL

ITS JUST NOT FAIR D:
For a game where you could pencil in the 'L' before it started, actually wasn't a complete disaster...Milone had a tough outing but wasn't terrible and battled through 5 innings, offense came alive and actually tying run at the plate in the 9th, and Johnson threw 2 spotless innings.

Great game by Gray last night, first dominant performance by him this season...A's had leadoff man on in multiple innings but could never cash in. See how Kazmir does today.
I don't want to be a downer because I know Sogard is a fan favorite but why is this guy still on the team? He doesn't really do anything special on the field and he's a below average hitter.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I don't want to be a downer because I know Sogard is a fan favorite but why is this guy still on the team? He doesn't really do anything special on the field and he's a below average hitter.

because there's no one else
sadly :(

Kazmir having a helluva game
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Uh, this is the team that released Sam Fuld so they, in effect, could STILL keep Daric Barton. Yeah, I know Fuld is a career .230-something hitter, but dude had a very good spring and was an obvious spark at the plate and in the field as this season started. And then you have Barton, the supposed defensive wizard who's been barely ordinary with the glove and his usual s***ty with the stick. From the way I've heard Melvin talk about Fuld, I believe this is 100% Billy Beane's crush on Barton keeping him in the big leagues, same as it's been since his ONE mediocre season in 2010.

As for Sogard, pretty good defense but brings almost nothing to the plate...don't think Punto is an everyday player at this point of his career, they ran Weeks out of town, and don't know if there's anyone in the farm system ready to challenge for the job. Sogard by default.
If the phillies end up sucking this year, I'd like to see the A's go after Utley to really make a run at a championship.
Share 49ersWebzone