LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

2014 Sochi Winter Olympics thread

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Canada on the board with three medals.

dufour-lapointe sisters coming through big time

Our guys in snowboarding came up short after trash talking.

yeah parrot especially, he was 1st after the 1st round with a score of 97. ended the final round with a 87. nice we still got a bronze though.
Canada going to party like this again:

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

And the United States is on the board!

This dude f**king killed it.
I don't understand how a country can have nearly 8 years to prepare for the Olympics and not complete all of the construction necessary.
I don't understand how a country can have nearly 8 years to prepare for the Olympics and not complete all of the construction necessary.

It was a huge undertaking. Sochi was a small town. They completely transformed it. Obviously they bit off more than they could chew.

Not everybody has built in slave labor like China.

It was a huge undertaking. Sochi was a small town. They completely transformed it. Obviously they bit off more than they could chew.

That's a crock... They had a ton of time to get ready... Especially with the amount of money they "spent"
I didn't know they brought esteemed Olympic expert Cris Collinsworth to Sochi
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Jamie Anderson from South Lake Tahoe wins the Gold in slopestyle

I would imagine they had a hard time finding people to take the job.
You fail... You get murdered.
That's a crock... They had a ton of time to get ready... Especially with the amount of money they "spent"

Maybe they focused too much on other issues like Safety. To ensure a terrorist attack doesn't occur like in the USA Olympics (Atlanta 1996)
[ Edited by Touchdownboy1980 on Feb 9, 2014 at 12:15 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Touchdownboy1980:

Maybe they focused too much on other issues like Safety. To ensure a terrorist attack doesn't occur like in the USA Olympics (Atlanta 1996)

First of all...I think so far Olympics have been all right. Opening ceremony was great...stadiums are ok...and crowds are good (though not spectacular). But really? focusing on safety? Yea, I'm sure they've been ensuring that terrorists don't attack years before the start of Olympics.
Originally posted by Touchdownboy1980:

A couple cherry bomb fireworks in a bag isn't a terrorist attack. This is an Olympic terrorist attack:

Neat, Ted Robinson's doing the speed skating play-by-play
Share 49ersWebzone