There are 160 users in the forums

2015 Atlanta Braves Thread

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Braves will be wearing this patch all year long

That's awesome.
RAWR! THE MAN IS THE f**kING HOMERUN KING! HE WAS ROBBED BY THAT CHEATING BASTAGE KNOWN AS BONDS!
Uggla striking out in the batting cage

I KEED I KEED
David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves #Braves pos. players already in camp: Freeman, Uggla, Pena, Constanza, Gattis, Doumit, Schafer, Bethancourt, Pastornicky. Might've missed 1.
Originally posted by fropwns:

That's awesome.
RAWR! THE MAN IS THE f**kING HOMERUN KING! HE WAS ROBBED BY THAT CHEATING BASTAGE KNOWN AS BONDS!

Aaron is lucky he played in great parks to hit homers his entire career. Mays would have hit 800 homers easy if he played in Milwaukee and Atlanta and hadnt lost 2 years to the military. Not to take anything away from Aaron but he certainly wasnt the greatest power hitter ever.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

That's awesome.

Aaron is lucky he played in great parks to hit homers his entire career. Mays would have hit 800 homers easy if he played in Milwaukee and Atlanta and hadnt lost 2 years to the military. Not to take anything away from Aaron but he certainly wasnt the greatest power hitter ever.

Being the home run king does not have to equate to being the greatest power hitter ever. So, while I do agree with you in that Aaron was not the greatest power hitter, I still regard him as the true home run king.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Byisgod:

That's awesome.

Being the home run king does not have to equate to being the greatest power hitter ever. So, while I do agree with you in that Aaron was not the greatest power hitter, I still regard him as the true home run king.
And that above all else is the point. I respect Willie Mays, but not his godson Bonds. I don't hate Bonds. I actually appreciated him as a Pirate, but once he started his doping. It became clear his goal. I respect Aaron because he chased Ruth and took all the heat for doing it from racists fans all over the country. He may have had great parks, but he faced hate everywhere he went. Great hitter, great power hitter, maybe not of all time, but good enough to be the King. And when it was robbed from him, he took it gracefully.
I just bought tickets to the Braves @ Rockies on June 9th. CANT WAIT
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 12, 2014 at 7:53 PM ]

That's awesome.

And that above all else is the point. I respect Willie Mays, but not his godson Bonds. I don't hate Bonds. I actually appreciated him as a Pirate, but once he started his doping. It became clear his goal. I respect Aaron because he chased Ruth and took all the heat for doing it from racists fans all over the country. He may have had great parks, but he faced hate everywhere he went. Great hitter, great power hitter, maybe not of all time, but good enough to be the King. And when it was robbed from him, he took it gracefully.

Loved Hank and I actually got to see him play as a youngster. I wasnt trying to take anything anyway from him. But, baseball stats are interesting because of the vast difference in ballpark dimensions. Mays played in the toughest park by far to hit homeruns for a right handed hitter. Aaron probably played in the easiest. Both incredible players but I still believe that Mays was the greatest HR hitter over the past 50 years. But to your point.. obviously Barry Bonds would never have gotten there without roids.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

That's awesome.

Loved Hank and I actually got to see him play as a youngster. I wasnt trying to take anything anyway from him. But, baseball stats are interesting because of the vast difference in ballpark dimensions. Mays played in the toughest park by far to hit homeruns for a right handed hitter. Aaron probably played in the easiest. Both incredible players but I still believe that Mays was the greatest HR hitter over the past 50 years. But to your point.. obviously Barry Bonds would never have gotten there without roids.

Nothing but love for you man. I never saw either play, I wish I could have, but I came too late. I respect your opinion on Mays. I always viewed him as a great player. I know about his numbers, but never realized he was that great of home run hitter. As in a all-time power hitter. Educate me my man!

That's awesome.

Nothing but love for you man. I never saw either play, I wish I could have, but I came too late. I respect your opinion on Mays. I always viewed him as a great player. I know about his numbers, but never realized he was that great of home run hitter. As in a all-time power hitter. Educate me my man!

Mays hit 660 homers while losing 2 seasons for the military. That would have given him around 720. In 1965 he hit 52 homers in the most god forsaken park for baseball that has ever been built. The fences were WAY back ( they moved them in later) and the wind blew straight in from left field most days. Willie actually had to learn how to take the ball to right center to take advantage of the swirling winds. While he didnt hit the ball the distance of McCovey or Bonds he was by far the most consistent power hitter of the 3 ( until Barry got on roids)

Think about the NL All Star team outfield in the 60s... Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, and Hank Aaron. 3 incredible baseball players.

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

That's awesome.

Mays hit 660 homers while losing 2 seasons for the military. That would have given him around 720. In 1965 he hit 52 homers in the most god forsaken park for baseball that has ever been built. The fences were WAY back ( they moved them in later) and the wind blew straight in from left field most days. Willie actually had to learn how to take the ball to right center to take advantage of the swirling winds. While he didnt hit the ball the distance of McCovey or Bonds he was by far the most consistent power hitter of the 3 ( until Barry got on roids)

Think about the NL All Star team outfield in the 60s... Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, and Hank Aaron. 3 incredible baseball players.

That is a helluva an outfield.
Uggla, Freeman and I think Pastornicky

Pitchers and Catchers report today

David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves #Braves Cory Gearrin throwing to Chistuan Bethancourt

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal Sad, awful news. MT @MikeDiGiovanna: Dennis Gilbert confirms that #Braves scout Jim Fregosi has died. Was in hospital after heart attack.
Share 49ersWebzone