LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

2015 Atlanta Braves Thread

Hate to see anyone lose their job but FW didn't so himself any favors handing out big money deals to Uggla and Upton.

Personally, I'd be surprised if Fredi survives this. I like the guy but it just almost seems time to clean house and start new.
[ Edited by TheChozen on Sep 22, 2014 at 9:25 AM ]
Watching the press conference right now, Dudes didnt say Fredi was safe, the new GM will have a say if Fredi gets to stay or not
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Hate to see anyone lose their job but FW didn't so himself any favors handing out big money deals to Uggla and Upton.

Personally, I'd be surprised if Fredi survives this. I like the guy but it just almost seems time to clean house and start new.

Wren deserved to be fired. Upton and Uggla deals were enough to get anyone their walking papers. I dont see why Fredi should be fired. When the GM makes awful personnel decisions and you lose 2 of your top pitchers to TJ surgery what the hell can you do? It isnt his fault.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Wren deserved to be fired. Upton and Uggla deals were enough to get anyone their walking papers. I dont see why Fredi should be fired. When the GM makes awful personnel decisions and you lose 2 of your top pitchers to TJ surgery what the hell can you do? It isnt his fault.

Agreed.
My offseason to do list

Trade BJ, Eat as much of the contract as you need to, get back whatever you can it doesnt matter at this point
Trade Gattis to an AL team pick up an OF that can play next year
Trade Justin Upton, he isnt gonna re-sign anyway, get another OF that can play right away
Trade La Stella in the Justin deal to sweeten the pot
Trade Chris Johnson,( i hate him so much)

Bring back David Ross to be backup catcher for Bethancourt
Move Gosselin to 3rd base and have Jose Peraza play 2B

C: Bethancourt
1B: Freeman
2B: Peraza
SS: Simmons
3B: Gosselin
RF: Heyward
CF: New guy
LF: New guy

Also hope the Nationals dont pick up Denard Spans option and sign him to play CF for us.(Nats would be dumb not to pick up his option though so this is unlikely)
Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 2m The #braves have also dismissed Frank Wren's brother Jeff, a special assistant and MLB scout with the team.

They better not get rid of their son Kyle who is actually a decent OF prospect for us
Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 1m I'm hearing what some other folks have speculated with #braves: Wren wanted Fredi Gonzalez out, and Bobby Cox pushed to keep him.

LOL Bobby Cox still runs this team

Pitching hasn't been the problem, hitting has and there's no excuse for that.

Are you saying its Fredi's fault that the team didnt hit and should be fired?

Are you saying its Fredi's fault that the team didnt hit and should be fired?

I'm saying its a combo of coaching and the players.

• jrg
  • Veteran
can you guys just win a damn game?

please? k thanks bye
Originally posted by jrg:
can you guys just win a damn game?

please? k thanks bye

Lol, you don't ask much do you?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg: